Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MIOMPA V3.2 update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MIOMPA V3.2 update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: MIOMPA V3.2 update Reply with quote

Strangely, there are now manuals for Miomap v3 and miompa v3.2 on the mio-tech website.

Is there going to be an update, or newer models coming out with 3.2?

I have read on the a Dutch website that they have been told that would be an "update" within weeks, which would be sent out on a CD in the post. I didn't really have the time to work out what the update would be about - my Dutch is slow reading. This was from someone at the end of the Dutch Mio helpline. I will try to understand what the update is about and why they can't just have it as a download.
miomio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh... what... when... where ....
that was like a bolt from the blue

could you maybe post that notorious website and I can then put it here the way it is..(my dutch isn't that slow ;-)

also if I happen to recieve any CD from MIO[ which would be a 7+1 wonder) , this would be the 1st place to know about it.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just spent a lot of money to call the Mio helpline, and the person there first denied that the 3.2 manual could be on their web site. When I insisted that I was looking at it right then, she said that it was still in development and not available. She also couldn't tell me whether it would be available for download or only on CD.

Sal
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just had a quick read through the new 3.2 manual. Couldn't find anything different. Can you?
It's supposed to have import for XML camera lists, but can't see it in there.
Sal
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miomio wrote:
huh... what... when... where ....
that was like a bolt from the blue

could you maybe post that notorious website and I can then put it here the way it is..(my dutch isn't that slow ;-)

also if I happen to recieve any CD from MIO[ which would be a 7+1 wonder) , this would be the 1st place to know about it.

miomio,

This is the site
http://www.dezewebsite.nl/mio-tech/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=b98c94ae699116886c642dba306006d4

It is a c710 user forum. If you search for "update" several threads come up. I can't remember which one it was in. There's loads on the forum about bug lists being sent to the head of mio-tech, how-to's, tricks, etc, etc...
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the French gpspassion forum an update will be released for download sometime mid September.

Well, that's what a guy on that site says someone on a German website has been told. So fourth hand to you.
tegel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MIOMPA V3.2 update Reply with quote

The new manual talks about TMC...seems like if they updated the manual, not the software!

/M

Palexr wrote:
Strangely, there are now manuals for Miomap v3 and miompa v3.2 on the mio-tech website.

Is there going to be an update, or newer models coming out with 3.2?

I have read on the a Dutch website that they have been told that would be an "update" within weeks, which would be sent out on a CD in the post. I didn't really have the time to work out what the update would be about - my Dutch is slow reading. This was from someone at the end of the Dutch Mio helpline. I will try to understand what the update is about and why they can't just have it as a download.
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparently they are working on a software update which wil be released Sept?

That is what some people have been told abroad.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is of course an iGO update rather than a Mio one.

Sal
Palexr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then, here is an email answer one of our Dutch friends received from the president of Mio Euope in Belgium after sending him a bug list.

Mijnheer HarryF,

Vooreerst mijn verontschuldigingen voor laat antwoord, het is niet de moeite, alleen de tijd die mij tekort schiet.

Uw initiatief en constructieve benadering apprecieer ik sterk en zal ongetwijfeld bijdragen tot verbetering van de Mio productlijn.
Vele van uw meldingen zijn ondertussen via gebruikers gemeld aan ons call center. Aanpassingen zijn gemaakt en worden in de field uitgetest.
Om op uw belangrijkste vraag te antwoorden, er is een versie MioMap 3.2 in de maak die we volgens onze planning in September zullen releasen, voor zover de field testen voldoening geven.
Wij voorzien de update via het internet. Kosteloos voor dezelfde user interface generatie (V3 of V4…) en dezelfde mapdata versie (Q1 2006)

Uw onderstaande lijsten zal ik aan d juiste instanties communiceren waar U een antwoord mag van verwachten.

Vriendelijke groet,

Paul Notteboom
Mio Technology Limited
President

Brusselsesteenweg 307b
1785 Brussegem

Yep, it's in Dutch.

However my initial understanding it says something like:

Sorry for not answering sooner....

I appreciate your initiative and constructive comments on the nio, rest assured that we are constantly seeking to improve the mio.
Many of your comments have already been gathered via our call centres. Changes are being made and are being tested.
To answer your question [when will there be an update], miomap v3.2 is in the pipeline and we plan to release it mid September, testing permitting. We are planning to release it via the internet, free of charge.
etc.., etc..

My Dutch is a bit basic, but I think that is the essence of it.

Miomio, maybe you could check I undestood it correctly and supply a better translation? (you are Dutch right?).
miomio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gimme till sunday/Monday evening please.
my kids are sucking every ounce of blood left in me :-) [ the rotwielers ], as soon as they have sucked my jugular and are content, I promise to come back here [ till monday the latest] with all the dutch you wanted to know.
Unless you wanted to know by tonight [let me know that if that's the case, & I'll burn the midnight oil[ for all mio sufferers Confused ]

otherwise ,a Nice weekend everyone & till monday the latest !
miomio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as promised, the line by line translation.

Mijnheer HarryF,[ Mr. HarryF]

Vooreerst mijn verontschuldigingen voor laat antwoord, het is niet de moeite, alleen de tijd die mij tekort schiet.
[Firstly, I would excuse myself for this late reply ]

Uw initiatief en constructieve benadering apprecieer ik sterk en zal ongetwijfeld bijdragen tot verbetering van de Mio productlijn.
[your initiative and constructive feedback is really appreciated,and will help to enhance the Mio range of Products ]

Vele van uw meldingen zijn ondertussen via gebruikers gemeld aan ons call center. Aanpassingen zijn gemaakt en worden in de field uitgetest.
[Most of your issues have already been addressed by various customers, calling our dedicated technical support centre. Most of those adjustments have been made and are undergoing through testing at present]

Om op uw belangrijkste vraag te antwoorden, er is een versie MioMap 3.2 in de maak die we volgens onze planning in September zullen releasen, voor zover de field testen voldoening geven.
[ on your most vital query, there is indeed a MioMap 3.2 in the making, and as per our release plans, it should be out in September, as long as the 'field testing' results are satisfactory.

Wij voorzien de update via het internet.[ we will make this update possible via Internet ]
Kosteloos voor dezelfde user interface generatie (V3 of V4) en dezelfde mapdata versie (Q1 2006)
[ it(the upgrade) will be free of cost for user interfaces namely (V3 or V4) and the same map data version namely(Q1 2006) ]

Uw onderstaande lijsten zal ik aan d juiste instanties communiceren waar U een antwoord mag van verwachten.
[ regarding the rest of your queries on the list , I shall be coming back on those queries within a short time ]...ya right ;-)

Vriendelijke groet,(bla bla)

Paul Notteboom
Mio Technology Limited
President

Brusselsesteenweg 307b
1785 Brussegem
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you miomio.
That's good to know. And September isn't far away now....

Sal
johnlindgreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few words from one of the iGo developers:

"It's mostly about small bug fixes and changes, nothing major. They add up though. The only visible changes I can think of are the signpost information and the more detailed TMC messages. Maybe MIO will put together some change list."

/John
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is what I received from someone at i-GO:
In MioMap v 3.2 which is not released yet, you'll be able to use XML based speedcams as well and you can hack it to use it instead of MIO's.

Sal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: