Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I put my old italian poi's onto my new tt one?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I put my old italian poi's onto my new tt one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badshot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Can I put my old italian poi's onto my new tt one? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have put the major roads of europe on my new tomtom go, I want to add some italian poi's.

I can put them on the new tt one but they dont show up?

Am I missing something here ( i have also the complete set of western europe from my old ipaq ttn3, but ive lost the activation code).

Any help much apprieciated.

Paul
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can put whatever POI's you like on your new TT. They must be in ov2 format and have a corresponding bmp file of the same name to show up. For example shops.ov2 and shops.bmp, or whatever your POI's are called. These files should be put into your map folder on your device. In my case there is a folder called great_britain_map, but yours may be western_europe_map or something similar. Once they are in there, you will need to enable them from the POI section of the preferences menu.

Regularly absent, but still here in spirit !
badshot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:
You can put whatever POI's you like on your new TT. They must be in ov2 format and have a corresponding bmp file of the same name to show up. For example shops.ov2 and shops.bmp, or whatever your POI's are called. These files should be put into your map folder on your device. In my case there is a folder called great_britain_map, but yours may be western_europe_map or something similar. Once they are in there, you will need to enable them from the POI section of the preferences menu.

Thanks 999tommo,

I have tried exactly as you described but to no avail!

What your saying is exactly as I would have thought but they wont work?????

Its driving me nuts, as Im off to Italy next week and they would have come in very handy!

Any more help much appreciated..

Paul
MELennium
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is a maximum allowed of POI's on the ONE, I think it was 39 but it may have changed if you have 6.15 firmware. If you have more than the allowed they will not show up in your One.
Ex. owner TomTom One v.5.420 Map UK v.605
Ex. owner Garmin i3 v.2.7 Map UK V.7
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Did you create your own bmp file for the POI, or was it created already ? If you created it yourself using Microsoft Paint or similar, you may have saved it with a double extension.....i.e. picture.bmp.bmp If this is the case your TT will not recognise it. If you go into your browser and look at the files on your TT, first making sure that the bmp file and ov2 file are in your map folder, then in the 'tools' menu, click 'folder options', then click the 'view' tab, you will see a list of options and some will be checked and some unchecked. In the box 'hide extensions for known file types' make sure this is not checked. Now look at the bmp and ov2 files in your map folder and check the file extensions. If the bmp has bmp.bmp after it, just right click on it and rename it, simply deleting the last .bmp from it. The only other thing I can think of is that the filename of the ov2 file and the bmp file do not match exactly. On a TT, 'Hello.bmp' is not the same as 'hello.bmp'. So if you have hello.ov2 and Hello.bmp, the TT will not display your POI.

Here's hoping..... regards, Tommo

999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MELennium wrote:
I believe there is a maximum allowed of POI's on the ONE, I think it was 39 but it may have changed if you have 6.15 firmware.

I believe it is 100 on 6.15, I'm sure I read it in another post by one of the mods on this site.

badshot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again 999tommo and chaps,
It isnt the .bmp thing but its interesting to note that i only have version 5.45 installed, it was the latest one on the tomtom site?

any ideas where i can get version 6.15?

cheers

paul
999tommo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only get it via Tom Tom Home, which you can download from the Tom Tom site. It cannot be installed any other way (except illegally).

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

999tommo wrote:
On a TT, 'Hello.bmp' is not the same as 'hello.bmp'. So if you have hello.ov2 and Hello.bmp, the TT will not display your POI.

If TT doesn't find an appropiate bitmap it will display a default, which is a 'reddish' square.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: