Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Old maps on new TomTom?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Old maps on new TomTom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfresh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Old maps on new TomTom? Reply with quote

Quick question:
I have a TomTom GO 300 with maps of France, Benelux and UK bought from TomTom on SD cards.

If I sell the TomTom 300 with the UK map and by a 510, would I be able to use the France and Benelux maps on the new machine?

I.E, are they compatible with the new machine, and if so,
would they have to be reactivated or something?

I don't really understand the whole activation thing and whether you can deactivate them from one unit and reactivate them onto another or whaterver.

Apologies if this has already been answered in the forums but I have spent nearly an hour reading and am still unclear and would love a straightforward answer.

Thanks for your time!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you cannot deactivate maps from one device and activate them on another device.

It is not clear yet if the older maps can be used on the x10 devies. It also depends on the build number of the maps. The best thing woul dbe to try it out ( for that you don't need to activate the maps, it is sufficient ot see if they are found)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Unfortunately you cannot deactivate maps from one device and activate them on another device.

It is not clear yet if the older maps can be used on the x10 devies. It also depends on the build number of the maps. The best thing woul dbe to try it out ( for that you don't need to activate the maps, it is sufficient ot see if they are found)

So what happens if you buy a whole stack of maps from Tom Tom, and then have the device stolen. Are all of your maps useless? I would have hoped that you could have them activated on the replacement.
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Older V5 maps can be read on the X10 range, but activation maybe an issue.
knobby_2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Map Versions Reply with quote

With reference to the Version 5 maps.....I currently have a tomtom 500 with GB maps plus version 571 installed.... are these an old version, is there an update that i can purchace...and will it just over write the old on on the SD card that came with the device?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: