Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GB Maps v605 and v632 anybody got them apart from download?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GB Maps v605 and v632 anybody got them apart from download?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
divadiow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just installed a whole loads of maps onto a mates 2gb sd card from a purchased plastic case of 6 cds full of europe maps, that has 632 gb plus on it.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My uncle also bought the 6 CD set which are also of the 6xx series. Even though bought via eBay, I presume they were legal because they were sealed and required activation via TomTom. This also seems to confirm that 6xx series maps are not only available via download.

As for the latest version; from what I have been able to glean, it is not quite as simple as you may think. TomTom seem to be numbering their maps with numbers which seem to determine their original source. So it would appear that there are sets of identical maps out there which have quite different numbers.

This confusing situation is likely to continue until they start revealing the TeleAtlas release date. I can't understand why they don't, because all that happens is that many people think that they are palming off old (cheaper?) maps in new products.
Greenglide
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but I was forced to give up as the retailer and TomTom managed to totally confuse Trading Standards.

What really annoys me is that part of their reasoning behind not taking action is that "their is no way of knowing how long the retailer has had the stock on their shelves".

It seems that if you don't show on the box what the version number is you are allowed to advertise as "latest version" even if there are later versions available on other media Evil or Very Mad

I am not giving TomTom any more of my money are the retailer concerned.

Already have a competitive upgrade version Twisted Evil
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Latest version' will always be a moot point, and can as you have found out be interpreted in many ways.

To me, there is only one latest version, and that is the current version of any map issued by the mapping company (in TomTom's case TeleAtlas), but that is rarely the case.
divadiow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I consider what Teleatlas to be working on/ just released to be the latest and greatest.
lemmy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the latest Europe maps - for France they're very very poor and out of date. I also have Garmin V8 software which is much more up to date so it shows it can be done. Having just bought Tom Tom software, I'm a bit disappointed to learn they have a **** you attitude but competition will teach them manners, I hope.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: