Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Navigator Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Navigator Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj_factor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Navigator Maps Reply with quote

hiya, whts the newest version of maps on tomtom navigator.
cheers
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PLUS maps are the newest ones publicly available. Should be at 632 (ish)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
lemmy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
The PLUS maps are the newest ones publicly available. Should be at 632 (ish)

They are. I've just bought the latest Europe maps. Seriously disappointing. Driving through the Loire Valley in France, I''m being told to cross the river - except there's no bridge! Certainly for France the mapping is very out of date and inaccurate in parts. I also have Garmin V8 map software, bought early this year. In my locality, it is totally up to date with a road finished last year shown accurately, though not on the Tom Tom maps bought 3 weeks ago.
On comparing the Loire maps, Garmin are way more accurate. I wish Tom Tom's mapping company people could try a little harder.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the garmin may have been produced later than the tomtom ones also garm use a differnt supplier for there maps

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
lemmy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, exactly. Whoevevr does Garmin's maps is obviously quicker and better informed than Tom Tom. I much prefer the Tom Tom software but the mapping company leave a lot to be desired.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the 6.32 plus maps of France for my first ever drive on the continent and the maps did not even have the road out of Boulogne docks which really threw me trying to find my way. It shows older roads that were replaced several years ago.
rnem170
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, 632 of France has the Marne, but not the Marne canal, so I would have got rather wet if I'd followed instructions to cross a bridge that wasn't actually there.... Laughing

In Epernay, it tells you to go three sides of a square 100m+, rather than the 10m it should.... so it's not only the mapping that's wrong in places, but the mapping logic in place.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the same as my experience. I used the France Plus maps from Calais to the Vaucluse Department, and a lot of driving around while I was there. Also on a trip from Calais to Coulommiers (SE of Paris) with a lot of driving in a radius of 50 miles from there. In both cases almost problem free. On one occasion TomTom tried to direct me along a gravel track (which would have got me to my destination, but I declined and it quickly recalculated a more suitable route). On another day we got into a mess in a fairly small village where they had just introduced a new one way system - but there is no way that TomTom could be blamed for that!
About 3500 miles with two very tiny glitches - I thought it was terrific. Head and shoulders above CoPilot 6, which was showing major problems in France. It would not let you leave the motorways at certain exit points, which led to some crazy routing. CoPilot recently sent me some revised CDs which they hope have fixed the problems. I shall be trying them out in France very soon, so we shall see!
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: