Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio C510
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio C510
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikos117
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all
just bought the C710 and was dissapointed to notice that Greece is not included... although on Mio's website showing the european mapping coverage, greece IS shown to be active (included with rest of the countries). I am dissapointed because Mio is claiming that their new Mio Map V3.1 is the latested and updated mapping of europe... (the 269 apparantly includes greece). would anyone know as to how to get greek maps for my c710
ps. i have asked mio support to help but so far no joy
tks
xantia
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: C710 Reply with quote

Hi Deejay, I have had the C710 for a week or so nopw and have just come back from a week in Southern France wit the C710. I must admit I am very disappointed with the device, problems are as listed below.

1 Unable to sync for speedcam upgrade, have emailed & telephoned mio.be several times, still no sync.
2. C701 gives too many instructions, most are superflous, those that are of use are given too late, you are half way up the sliproad before the C710 tells you to turn. In some cases the motorway slip is not even displayed.
3. Used the C710 to negotiate Paris, in the end got 'its nickers in such a twist' I did know where I was, fortunatly I had brought my Mio 168 with TomTom this got me out of Paris, whilst followingh the 168's instructions I noticed several times that the C710 had no clue where it was.
4. Had 'Fatal Application Error' 3 times, would not clear with a soft reset so had to do a hard reset.
5. Shows 'SPECS' cameras but carries on bleeping for the next 30 miles, I dont think that is correct.
6 Driving back up the A1 to Paris yesterday, approached the final toll area and the C710 tried to direct me off the Motorway. Several time round the Blvd Perephique, the C710 had not got a clues where it was, suggesting this road then another, the 168 held the route perfectly.
7. When to C710 loses its sat fix it gives up entirely, with the TomTom it warns you of the next route change after losing the fix.
7. There are ather problems re USA voice keeps defaulting, I have also email mio.be of this without success.

In all I am not happy

Mike.
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: C710 Reply with quote

xantia wrote:
Hi Deejay, I have had the C710 for a week or so nopw and have just come back from a week in Southern France wit the C710. I must admit I am very disappointed with the device, problems are as listed below.

1 Unable to sync for speedcam upgrade, have emailed & telephoned mio.be several times, still no sync.
2. C701 gives too many instructions, most are superflous, those that are of use are given too late, you are half way up the sliproad before the C710 tells you to turn. In some cases the motorway slip is not even displayed.
3. Used the C710 to negotiate Paris, in the end got 'its nickers in such a twist' I did know where I was, fortunatly I had brought my Mio 168 with TomTom this got me out of Paris, whilst followingh the 168's instructions I noticed several times that the C710 had no clue where it was.
4. Had 'Fatal Application Error' 3 times, would not clear with a soft reset so had to do a hard reset.
5. Shows 'SPECS' cameras but carries on bleeping for the next 30 miles, I dont think that is correct.
6 Driving back up the A1 to Paris yesterday, approached the final toll area and the C710 tried to direct me off the Motorway. Several time round the Blvd Perephique, the C710 had not got a clues where it was, suggesting this road then another, the 168 held the route perfectly.
7. When to C710 loses its sat fix it gives up entirely, with the TomTom it warns you of the next route change after losing the fix.
7. There are ather problems re USA voice keeps defaulting, I have also email mio.be of this without success.

In all I am not happy

Mike.

I must admit that I also haven't had any responce from the MIO tech support I have also asked a few questions.

In reagrds to the cam sync - I also had this problem.
I rectified it by doing the following things;
1. You have to make sure that you have registered on the website and have the correct serial number (I put in a 0 instead of a O) Embarassed
2. Make sure that the details that you registered yourself with is also put in the settings part of the of the MIO sync
3. I made sure that my internet connection was good

To be honest I think that the cam database is crap and I cant wait to find out how to use the database from this site. Crying or Very sad

I do take your point about the MIO giving loads of directions, it got on my nerves too but I think its because I was used to the TomTom or Navman only giving limited intructions.
xantia
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: C710 Reply with quote

HI Deejay, thanks for the info re speedcam sync, I was using the correct Serial No. When I looked on my page on MioClub there were no entries in the 'credentials' part, I have emailed & spoken to Moi re this but, as usual, no reply. In the end I re regestered myself using a spare mailbox, this seems to have worked. I have been using both the C710 & the 169 with TomTom and without doubt TomTom will find where it is quicker. The other problem I mentioned re C710 advising too late that a turn or sliproad is coming up would have caused a problem today but the TomTom device sorted it out. I wonder, do Mio ever reply !!!
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: C710 Reply with quote

xantia wrote:
HI Deejay, thanks for the info re speedcam sync, I was using the correct Serial No. When I looked on my page on MioClub there were no entries in the 'credentials' part, I have emailed & spoken to Moi re this but, as usual, no reply. In the end I re regestered myself using a spare mailbox, this seems to have worked. I have been using both the C710 & the 169 with TomTom and without doubt TomTom will find where it is quicker. The other problem I mentioned re C710 advising too late that a turn or sliproad is coming up would have caused a problem today but the TomTom device sorted it out. I wonder, do Mio ever reply !!!

Your right, I do find MIO support a bit suspect. Nobody has managed to get a reply from them via email. Sounds as if they only respond to the premium number. I wonder
ravi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK this may help.

Support email is: support.en@mio-tech.be

This is the email address I've sent to and they do reply (eventually).
If you want to talk to them but dont want to be ripped by a premium rate number, contact them at the Mitac Europe number and ask to be put thru to Mio Support. If they try and tell you that you have to dial a premium rate number, tell them (as I have done several times) that you have just spent hundreds of pounds on one of their products and have no intension of paying a premium rate to call their support dept.

Works every time and they put you through!

MITAC BENELUX N.V.
Brusselsesteenweg 307B,
1785 Brussegem, Belgium
Email: sales@mitac.be

Tel: +32 (2) 461 0799

Fax: +32 (2) 461 0665

Damn cheek if you ask me, we just spent good money on their products!!

Also, visit the iGo developer site :

http://my.pdamill.com/viewforum.php?f=36

BUT to see all the igo forums, you MUST register (it's free). Once you register, the rest of the iGo forums will appear (as if by magic!). There's lots of help there.

Ravi
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravi wrote:
OK this may help.

Support email is: support.en@mio-tech.be

This is the email address I've sent to and they do reply (eventually).
If you want to talk to them but dont want to be ripped by a premium rate number, contact them at the Mitac Europe number and ask to be put thru to Mio Support. If they try and tell you that you have to dial a premium rate number, tell them (as I have done several times) that you have just spent hundreds of pounds on one of their products and have no intension of paying a premium rate to call their support dept.

Works every time and they put you through!

MITAC BENELUX N.V.
Brusselsesteenweg 307B,
1785 Brussegem, Belgium
Email: sales@mitac.be

Tel: +32 (2) 461 0799

Fax: +32 (2) 461 0665

Damn cheek if you ask me, we just spent good money on their products!!

Also, visit the iGo developer site :

http://my.pdamill.com/viewforum.php?f=36

BUT to see all the igo forums, you MUST register (it's free). Once you register, the rest of the iGo forums will appear (as if by magic!). There's lots of help there.

Ravi

Nice one Ravi I'll have to give that number a try.
In the IGO forum you mentioned that you installed the IGO navigating software. Whats that used for?
ravi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DeeJay,
You must be confusing me with someone else! Laughing Out Loud

I don't recall posting anything about iGo Navigation Software - don't even know what it is!!

Let me know if you find out..

Ravi
:D
DeeJay01
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravi wrote:
Hey DeeJay,
You must be confusing me with someone else! Laughing Out Loud

I don't recall posting anything about iGo Navigation Software - don't even know what it is!!

Let me know if you find out..

Ravi
:D

Have you managed to get in contact with POIhandler. I find that they also take a long time to respond to emails too. Rolling Eyes
ravi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have.
POI Handler just supply the POI data. Apparently you need a program calles POIWarner and this loads the POI's onto the device.
I emailed POI Warner and they said that the MIO is too new and they didn't have any data on it as yet. The guy at POI Warner asked if I could ask Mio if they could send him some info - presumably to make the two to work together!!

I'm sure it will be supported but it may take a few weeks.

Ravi
xantia
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: C710 Reply with quote

Hi Rave, thanks for the info re the Mio office telephone number, I will try that the next time I ring. The Mio tech support "support.en@mio-tech.be" is the one that I have been using, and still no reply,

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: