Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Go 910 £369net or NavMan iCN750 £359 net or
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Go 910 £369net or NavMan iCN750 £359 net or

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netlaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: TomTom Go 910 £369net or NavMan iCN750 £359 net or Reply with quote

seems to me that the 910 is the better bet - particularly given the 20GB drive - as that will also allow use of device as VIDEO on journeys where route is known....or should I go for the 710
freccle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the 910 available for that price please?
Peasemold
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TomTom Go 910 £369net or NavMan iCN750 £359 net or Reply with quote

netlaw wrote:
seems to me that the 910 is the better bet - particularly given the 20GB drive - as that will also allow use of device as VIDEO on journeys where route is known....or should I go for the 710

How about a Mitac Mio C510E for £240 + £20 1Gb SD card? This combination will get you the favourably-reviewed IGO 2006 maps, full EU street-level coverage, MP3/JPG player, hands-free bluetooth, all for £100 less than equivalent competition. You can then get a portable DVD player to keep the sprogs in the back quiet, or even cheaper a roll of gaffer tape:)

Peasemold
steak_chipsn_gravy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had 2 TomTom and 2 Navman products over the years. I feel that my bad experiences of customer relations with TomTom would put me off ever buying TomTom again.

Navman on the other hand have only ever been excellent in this regard IMHO.

I currently have an ICN750 and the postcode navigation itself is so excellent as to recommend the product. The 4GB drive is barely half-used by the full euro maps anyway, but a 4GB SD card is a cheap option to bring nealry 6GB free -I doubt anyone would seriously need that much ever anyway.

For those who are interested in my bad experiences mentioned above? well, I once lost my reg code of my maps of western europe cd's. I was an 'early adopter' and they were quite expensive back then. TomTom would not supply the code unless I produced a sales receipt -which I also misplaced (moving house) and instead offered to send in the full original cd's they refused and my expensive purchase became trash. They assume the customer was dishonest which just isn't on. I actually found the reg code when I sifted through some old paperwork, but by then I'd long since gone over to a new Navman product. When I explained to TomTom I now wanted to sell my now redundant Maps of Europe, in order for TomTom to transfer my code to a new owner, they told me I could not sell the product as they refused to allow me to sell the maps on. I never felt quite so ripped off by a company ever.

Hate to end my first post on a 'moan'
steak_chipsn_gravy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and I forgot to add, the ICN750 is so sensitive it locks to the GPS signal sitting on my pc desk at my bedroom window inside my house, with double-gazing vertical blinds and curtain drawn. On a road run to Leeds though a long tunnel, the lock remained much longer into the tunnel, and picked up again far quicker near the exit, than all my previous GPS's
The sensitivity is astounding.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: