Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: TomTom 910 Reply with quote

Just purchased (this afternoon) a 910 and it comes with UK cameras already installed.

Is this file the complete list or just a short version.

Is it better to download the pocketgps file from this site for a more comprehensive list.

Thanks for any help

Hollies
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit to being biased towards this site, however, having compared the two databases running next to each other the PocketGPSWorld offering was spot on, the TomTom offering missed 12 fixed cameras over a 100 mile journey - I think its make your mind up time, but I know which one I would trust.

The first thing I did with the Go-910 was to back it up in total to the PC, then delete the inbuilt speed camera warnings (all 38 of them) and install the "Speed Zoned" ones from this site (23 files). Mike
hollies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply Mike.

I am of to Eire and Ireland early in the morning so I will follow your advice when I return.

Previously had a GO 700 with downloaded cameras from this site and, as you say, they were spot on and I was very pleased with my set up.

The only problem with the 700 was that it did not bounce too well on concrete!! That's why I have changed.

Regards, hollies
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollies
Sorry, I've only just seen your post. Nine million percent use the pgpsw database and dump the TomTom 910 ones!!

PS I replaced my 700 with the 910 a fortnight ago (idiot got to have the latest gizmo) and have begun to seriously regret it. So much so that tomorrow I'm going back with it to see if I can swap it for a 700 (really sick that I sold my 700 so quickly). Trouble is Halfords say the SatNav sales are non-refundable and the 700 is £120 cheaper, so even if they agree to exchange it I'll not get any money back! Grrrr!
hollies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but not sure now if I will keep the GO910 now.

I have had three units in two weeks and each one has not worked properly but that is for a different thread.

I will however use the pgps download whatever I end up with as long as I can.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidence or what? I too had three 910 units in a fortnight. Fortunately I was able to persuade Halfords about the faults and they agreed not only to let me have a 700, but also gave me an external aerial AND £70 in gift vouchers. I had difficulty finding a Halfords store with an external microphone in stock, but managed it at the fifth one.
Shame about the 910 - the screen was really very good.
hollies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the screen is good but hopeless to use. You drag a finger across the map and it would go back to the start screen.

This has been the same on all three but basically, the first would not stay on whilst on the car cradle. It would switch off after a few minutes and only stay on if the bottom of the unit was pressed in. Imagine that whilst driving!!

The second unit would not charge at all on the car cradle and I am just going away for a week in 10 minutes and will give the third one a good working over.

Any problems and its a refund and back to a 700.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: