Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom announce the GO map upgrades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A13x wrote:
i dont think tom tom will ever offer fre map upgrade packs because there is too much money t be made

They also have to pay TeleAtlas for the privilege.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Wuhgga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Map ugrades? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the new M66/A1(M) interchange at Feryybridge is yet included on any TomTom maps?

I asked the support people, and they didn't know if it would be on any new release Sad

Here's their reply in full:
Quote:
First of all, the supply chain in producing the maps for our software takes approximately 18 months. This accounts for the 1% of map errors that are on the system. This is the reason you are not able to find the new M62/A1 road on your current map. It may be that this road is included in the upcoming upgrade period, though we have no way of checking this at this very moment in time.

If you encounter any map errors you can report them to us. To do this you need to log in to your account on the Tom Tom website and go to the Support section. On the right hand side you will find a list of links. One of the links will be named Report Map Feedback. Please use this option to report any map errors to us. This will go to the correct department who will double-check this error physically and then aim to include this in the next possible upgrade.

Finally concerning upgrading your maps, existing Tom Tom customers are able to upgrade their maps at a heavily subsidised price provided that they have a valid product code. In the next 2 weeks or so the next upgrade period will start. Please go to the Plus Services section and click on My Profile (top right). Check the box for the relevant newsletter and update your profile. The newsletter will inform you exactly when the upgrade period will start.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

An 18 money supply chain!! 8O Rolling Eyes
Mightyjoe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps worked great in Portugal, only once did it not have a road. It was to an old town with about 5 houses in it, got me on to the right road but just did not go all the way to the town, stopped about half a mile away.

It also worked great on the plane

[/img]
OS 1008
GPS 1.21
West Europe v606
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, that's awesome that your Go worked on the plane. Did it ever recognize any of the roads below?
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah wicked !!

I bet the map updates were coming through thick and fast !

Did you take any other piccies of it ?
Mightyjoe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got one other pic of it doing about 380mph but it was not over a road 8O
OS 1008
GPS 1.21
West Europe v606
leerichards
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Map ugrades? Reply with quote

Wuhgga wrote:
Does anyone know if the new M66/A1(M) interchange at Feryybridge is yet included on any TomTom maps?

I asked the support people, and they didn't know if it would be on any new release Sad

I recently drove this route and was amused to see my ONE going absolutely haywire. Thankfully, I was aware the road was new and expected the TomTom to have trouble. I would feel sorry for anyone unfamiliar with the area though Laughing

Lee
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Map ugrades? Reply with quote

Wuhgga wrote:
The M62/ A1M interchange is better using the version 6 map on my Go-910, it does still wander off the road a little bit, but nothing like the same way the version 5 map does (I have had both next to each other when transgressing this junction for comparison) V5 continually re-routes, the V6 map looses the road but not long enough to trigger a re-route - this applys in both directions through this interchange - Mike
Skwark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I've done this a few times using both the TTGO, TTPDA and TT510 and they all lose the plot here and think I've gone off road...

The 510 has the v6 maps which has the new road layout but it's not been positioned on the map correctly, so you turn off from the M62 westbound to the A1 about 500 yards before it's on the map! My 510 will keep saying "turn left" every now and again too... it's very annoying. Eventualy it rejoins about 2-3 miles further up the A1.
leerichards
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skwark wrote:
Really? I've done this a few times using both the TTGO, TTPDA and TT510 and they all lose the plot here and think I've gone off road...

The 510 has the v6 maps which has the new road layout but it's not been positioned on the map correctly, so you turn off from the M62 westbound to the A1 about 500 yards before it's on the map! My 510 will keep saying "turn left" every now and again too... it's very annoying. Eventualy it rejoins about 2-3 miles further up the A1.

Yeah, my ONE with v605 map does exactly the same thing.

Lee
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have driven this junction a fair few times with my 910 using the "Western_and_Central_Europe map v650.1052 and it does leave the road a couple of times BUT doesn't trigger a re-route (can I hear an echo?? ) - Mike
buckles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Stupid question time Reply with quote

I have a tomtom ONE running v 6.12. Does it use the same map format as the new generation tomtom x10 series? If i copy the 910 maps onto the ONE will it work?

Sorry if the question has been asked 100 times.

Many thanks in advance,

Buckles.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maps are a completely diferent issue to the application, the program (application) is free, but the maps require activation and therefore attract a purchase price in order to activate and use the maps, the idea of map copying between devices is both illegal and not supported in anyway by this web site, please do not ask for advice on subjects such as this - Mike
buckles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I was simply curious as to what would happen. I wasn't attempting to get any illegal advice. I own both devices, surely what I do with them once I have purchased them is entirely my choice. As I have limited technical knowledge of such things I was curious to hear if the maps were interchangeable.

I shall investigate myself. I'm fairly confident tomtom wont be knocking on my door.

Apologies for any misunderstanding.
frank49
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Having only moved to Australia six months ago I am having problems finding web sites that deal with the same problems as this site I have a tomtom 500 which I find relly helpfull but onable to find information on when new map upgrades to this part of the world tomtom site only deals with western europe all information would be greatly appreiated
regards Frank

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22

Jump to: