Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3`s, as a matter of interest!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3`s, as a matter of interest!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: i3`s, as a matter of interest! Reply with quote

Having being posting on here for a while now , it occured to me that it tends to have the same posters most of the time, but on checking the "views" quite a few, sometimes a couple of thousand have checked out the topic, which raises a few points.

1 : How many i3`s have garmin sold in this country.

2 : Where do they all get their updates from and poi`s etc? If they do at all.

3 : How many are registered with pocketgps?

The way I see it, when we go on about software versions this and that, how do we know that there could be thousands out there who have`nt had any problems at all with their i3.

Just a boring thought on a wet and windy day, passing the time before I go to work. : Rolling Eyes

Regards....Dil

zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right dil ,it is a boring wet day ....

i figure many peeps who have brought the i3 dont have a pc or if they do , dont even know about this forum and are quite happy to plod (sorry matb) along with what they have....many people have mobile phones but only a small perecentage visit forums to discuss firmware updates etc....at the end of the day it depends how inquisitve and technically challeged you are...
matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by god the weather must be bad dil. Crying or Very sad

zoggie Rolling Eyes

hey have just found this Police a mini me Thumbs Up

i think i have got emoticonsitus Laughing
Pootle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shocking thought to think out there some where in this big bad world there is some poor individual using firmware v2.4 with v7 maps and no speed cameras loaded......

The closest analogy must be going to a lap dancing club blind folded..... ahem..... whatever they are like..... Twisted Evil
(A)nd
(P)roud
-----------------------------------
i3, V8, V2.7, WAAS EGNOS.
Audio V2, Simpsons Voice File
-----------------------------------
colpac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think my i3 worked the best when it had v7 maps and software 2.3 and no poi's loaded.

Still im sure someone at garmin will get it right soon.
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you noticed that there have been 4 replies to this post , but there have been over 160 hits on it. Now if every one of those hits told us which version they are on and how its behaving, would`nt that be something more constructive to go back to garmin and say check these out then, rather than half a dozen people commenting on different problems they are having. The point I am making is of course that not enough people are giving feedback and garmin arent likely to listen to just a few voices in the wilderness.

As for the new update, I think I will leave for a while see how it goes. With all this upgrading and the downgrading my i3 doesnt know if it`s comming or going. Driving

By the way it`s sunny today, so cant blame the weather.

Anyone seen Minime today Police

Regards....Dil

grantf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll take the bait and delurk!

I got my i3 last week. It came with v8 maps and 2.5 firmware and worked a treat on journeys around the Lake District and then back up to Edinburgh - I was really impressed with it.

Before I discovered this website I "upgraded" to firmware 3.00 and noticed the slow map updates in 3D mode. Also, I didn't like the new earlier timing of the final voice prompt before a turn so I went back to 2.7 and I'm happy again. I've got the safety camera and MaFt POIs loaded and all is working fine. I doubt I'll upgrade to 3.1 since it seems that not much has been fixed.

I have a slight niggling doubt that I should have gone for the C310 since it was only £50 quid more, but never mind...
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew we had some lurkers out there.....now come on the rest of you , start posting. You all have had to subscribe to pocketgps, so lets hear your views on this issue and any you fancy bringing up yourselves.

Regards....Dil Bouncing

Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
Have you noticed that there have been 4 replies to this post , but there have been over 160 hits on it. Now if every one of those hits told us which version they are on and how its behaving, would`nt that be something more constructive to go back to garmin and say check these out then, rather than half a dozen people commenting on different problems they are having. The point I am making is of course that not enough people are giving feedback and garmin arent likely to listen to just a few voices in the wilderness.

Just because there's 160 hits, doesn't necessarily mean 160 (or perhaps anywhere near that) different people have viewed the thread.

That count will get increased anytime anyone reads the thread, including people who've already replied, and including repeat viewings.

If you really want Garmin's attention, you'd fair much better encouraging people to directly contact Garmin support about it, than merely contribute replies to a thread they may never read, and may never pay much attention to.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's my two pennyworth. My wife has an i3, which came with firmware 2.7 and v8 maps. It worked fine. Then I installed beta 2.82 which also worked well and gave rather more warning of some turns. Then I put on 3.0 and it started freezing, so back to 2.82 and very happy with it. Have not been tempted by the latest firmware upgrades - they still seem buggy
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
Well, here's my two pennyworth. My wife has an i3, which came with firmware 2.7 and v8 maps. It worked fine. Then I installed beta 2.82 which also worked well and gave rather more warning of some turns. Then I put on 3.0 and it started freezing, so back to 2.82 and very happy with it. Have not been tempted by the latest firmware upgrades - they still seem buggy
Robin

Sorry, it was 2.9 which gave the lockup/freezing problems. I haven't bothered with 3.0 or 3.1
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StellaMaris wrote:
Are we being overtaken by the NUVI. I have to search for i3 issues these days. Nuvi this, Nuvi that!

The i3 has not seen the loss of its interest here on the forum and probably not for a while whlst we have the strong following of Police and the team. Laughing

Police, I did not see you today, just plenty of Ding Ding on passing the cameras and no Bing Bing Bing's Laughing

i think you're right..all the i3 questions seem to have been asked and answered many many times, so it looks like th enew band of nuvi owners are taking over...
Dilcymro
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I wasnt bringing all this up just for the attention of garmin, I`m well aware that if you need to complain to someone you would go to them not via a forum. The point I was making was that more people than we think look at the boards in order to pick up tips etc so by asking more to join in on the threads it gives a much more varied outlook
etc on the topics in question. At least it`s got people posting who havent before. Welcome

Regards........DIL

Still no sign of MINIme Police

matb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilcymro wrote:
Still no sign of MINIme Police

right settle down i am here now.

dil, not being a detective i get easily confussed.
what are you asking people to do.
would it be that you are asking people to make their signature more informative. ie f/w they have used etc.
this being the case specific pm's could be sent with subjective questions to those with the experience.

this would work in practice but this forum did post a topic, not long ago, for this update to be done but not all did.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matb wrote:
dil, not being a detective i get easily confussed.
what are you asking people to do.
would it be that you are asking people to make their signature more informative. ie f/w they have used etc.
this being the case specific pm's could be sent with subjective questions to those with the experience.

this would work in practice but this forum did post a topic, not long ago, for this update to be done but not all did.

Aye carumba!

Next thing you know, it'll be a police state! ;-)

You have 20 seconds to comply...

;-P

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: