Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin V3.1 on HP iPAQ RZ1710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin V3.1 on HP iPAQ RZ1710

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ezduzit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: ViaMichelin V3.1 on HP iPAQ RZ1710 Reply with quote

I'm hoping somebody on here will be able to help me. I recently had a power fault with my iPAQ and had to send it back to HP. It came back and works fine now, with the exception of navigation side.

When I go into the ViaMichelin navigator it brings up the change map screen, with the option to select Great-Britain.fdp (SD Card), which I then select. Then the message "Unable to open the map" comes up, the only option from here onwards is "ok". Which takes me back to the change map screen again.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm no expert, but have you tried a "soft reset",stick the stylus, pen thing in the hole in the bottom, failing that, as a last resort, you could try a hard re-set, then re-install ViaMitchelin, but you would loose everything else on the PDA too.
Did you know there is a ViaMitchelin 3.2 Update, you'll find it here,

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/psg/produits/htm/pda_patchs.htm
Trucinder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: RE Viamichelin, error with map Reply with quote

Hi, I read your comment this morning, as I was searching for the exact same solution, 8O I started at nine this morning and fortunatly resolved it by four this afternoon. I tore my hair out, spent a fortune on the phone talking to HP and Viamichelin but finally found the answer Laughing .
It appears that if you put a SD Card into another PDA the map software will not load up and keeps showing "unable to open Map". Do you have the CD rom with the ViaMichelin software for the PC?
If so it takes a while but, re-format the SD Card! Confused sounds harsh and we were worried too but reformat it, then place it in the IPAQ syncronise the IPAQ again and put in the CD Rom into the PC, under all programs go to viamichelin and click quick install, from there select to export data to the SD Card, highlight the Great britain map in the left hand column that is smaller byte size, which is meant for the SD Card click the middle arrow to send across to the left hand column, after it appears there click the export button at the bottom right hand side of the page, sit and wait.
With this it should send the data across to SD Card and you should be ready to rock and roll. Any problems with formatting the card, means theres a problem with the memory card and get in touch with HP and they should issue you with a new one free of charge! :D
I have joined the site just so that you do not have the same soul destroying day that we did trying to fathum this all out. Crying or Very sad
Hope thats of some use Thanks.
ezduzit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

I've formatted the SD card, and the software now won't load back onto it!!! When I'm trying to install it to my PC it brings an error message up everytime and crashes. Then won't go any further. I then have to go through task manager to close the ViaMichelin installation setup. Any ideas where I can go from this would be appreciated.

Cheers
gold682
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you get this error message :

So, I UNINSTALLED the software off my PC and then reinstalled. HOWEVER the install this time would not work as it kept saying it could not copy file "nvbpower.exe" when it was doing the last bit with the PDA.

If so, then see my thread on how I resolved this. Look for gold682 thread on this forum.

Cheers
Paul
ezduzit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the message I'm getting!!! I'm glad someone else has been having the same problem.
ezduzit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm still having no luck whatsoever with it. I've tried what gold682 suggested and it still brings up cannot install NVBPOWER.exe, therfore cannot ccomplete the installation. Starting to get a bit fed up with it!!!

Anyone else have any possible ideas where to look to next?
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, the error you are getting is because you have ViaMitchelin on your PDA, and not on your PC. When it is on your PDA, It will not install on your PC because of the fault you are getting. You need to install it on your PC FIRST, then sync the PDA, and it will transfer it to the PDA. So get it off the PDA, uninstall it, or do a Hard re-set, then it should install on the PC, and you can sync it to the PDA. There is an upgrade to 3.2, which corrects this fault, you could try downloading it first.

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/psg/produits/htm/pda_patchs.htm

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: