Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS box for Toshiba e400?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS box for Toshiba e400?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gshaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: GPS box for Toshiba e400? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just been given a Toshiba e400 Pocket PC and was thinking about using it for satnav as it has a larger screen than my Nokia 7610 I'm using at the moment but I'm not sure what to do about the GPS box...

- get a USB one but how does that plug into the pocketpc - do you use the USB cable you normally plug into the PC to connect to the GPS box - do I have to get a special type etc?

- I already have a bluetooth box and I've seen that you can get Bluetooth SD cards but that seems a bit pointless as I need the memory card slot to run the software in the first place!

Some advice would be much appreciated - looking to sort this as cheap as possible say round the £50 mark - don't mind 2nd hand, eBay etc as long as it works!

Thanks in advance,

Gerrard Shaw
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were some mouse GPS for e400 but they were rare then so you will have hard working getting one now.
Even if you can get one there are plenty of problems getting it to work, having to install drivers etc.
So if you do get one from ebay, and I think that is probably the only place you can get one, there is a possibility that you will not get it to wrok as the seller is probably not able to help you, and of course you will not be able get help from the manufacturer either.

There you are.
gshaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one of these multi-GPS boxes off eBay - says it works with an e400 but when I plug it in it starts asking for drivers (please type in name of driver?)

Do I need to do this or should it pick up as a general serial device?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=9720131543&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see the reply above?

Yes it should work IF you get the correct cable AND driver. The driver should have been supplied with the GPS/cable.

Yes you MUST need a driver. There is no direct serial GPS for e400.

Did you see my reply above?
gshaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did - as the ad on eBay stated it works with TomTom and e400 so hoped there would be a driver with it

Edit: just got an email with the driver attached so I'll give that a go tonight :D

Thanks for your help Pc-Mobile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: