Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ogg files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ogg files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicalmalcolm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: ogg files Reply with quote

hello all,
i am trying to replace my camera bells with a spoken warning i put the
files in the voices folder and no luck,can anyone tell me where they should be please.

i cannot find the bells cuckoo mow etc on my sdcard,they are there ,but i cant id them.

malc
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not find the POI Warning sounds on the SD card, they reside in a file called data.chk which lives in MyDevice/ Program Files/ Navigator folder. You need third party software to open this file up to see the individual files or swap them over to other sounds, you cannot just "drop" .OGG files into the device they will not work - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try having a read through http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php there are some downloads avail for use from this page.
If you want to use your own .OGG files try www.tomtomsatnav.info and look for POIExtend as as third party program that will let you compile the required data.chk - Mike
magicalmalcolm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike for your reply,

my tom tom is running in an mda,so how do i go about changingthese files. pls.

is it difficult to do?

malcolm
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to try this first of all find the exact version and build of TomTom you have installed, you can do this via two ways, from the main Navigation screen tap the sat signal strength meter, then tap the box which displays "Version", the second way is to tap the screen go to "Preferences" and scroll through the screens until you see the "Show version" icon.
The bit you are interested in is the second line down "App version 5.210 (5431)" Note either of these two numbers could well be different to what I am using; Write the values down that you have loaded on your machine.

Go to this page http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php and part way down the page is a look up table you need the file for PPC the number MUST correspond to your device. Download the new file and store it in a known place on the PC.

Dock the PDA, let the device connect via Active Sync and then use Windows explorer on the PC to locate the following folder Mobile Device/ Program Files/ Navigator
Find the file named data.chk right click the file and from the pop-up select re-name call the file Old_data.chk.

Using Windows explorer on the PC locate the downloaded file right click the file and select re-name make sure the file is called data.chk (delete some of the other text in front of the data.chk).
Right click the re-named file and select "Copy", Still using Windows explorer go back to Mobile Device/ Program Files/ Navigator right click the mouse on the screen under the existing files (free space) from the pop-up box select "Paste" this will copy the required file to the correct place. Click "Yes" or "OK" to any questions that might pop-up on the PC with respect to copying data between the two devices.

Once the file is transferred perform a soft reset of the PDA when it runs back up you will have the revised warning sounds loaded, but to use them they need to be configured to do this use the preferences/ manage POI/ Warn when near POI, select the first camera in your list (it might help to write them all down and tick them off as you configure them, more so if you are using the speed zoned set - 23 in total) When you get to the "select a Warning Sound" screen use the test button to hear the actual file, if it is not what you want, use the left and right arrows to move through the selection until you find the one you want, repeat this for each camera.

If you want to get rid of the non-applicable names it is possible by following the information contained in the link to www.tomtomsatnav.info As I mentioned earlier, - hope this gives you the information you asked for - Mike
magicalmalcolm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike.
thank you very much for your superb assistance,i have the voice warnings
up and running ,thanks for everything.

malcolm
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got it working and a belated Welcome to the forums - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: