Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Insurance
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Insurance
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arfurdent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my passenger window broken twice. First time I left the mount in place and the second I did not clean the suction marks off.

Plod said that this is a big business and the slightest suspicion of a mount will get you a broken window.

I have a company car so the insurance does not cover personal items.

Always take it with me now.
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob_W

I really hope it doesn't happen to you.... I live in a little village and it didn't make any difference.

Your car will never look or feel the same afterwards.

I really would reconsider removing it for what time it takes you though.

All the best ......

Chris
markjohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had my Nuvi hardwired behind the dashboard so it is out of site with no mounts etc. Great for the camera warnings. No additional aerial needed either. This was because I just couldn't be bothered plugging in and removing for every journey... Until I made a short journey without it and forgot about a speed camera that I must have passed hundreds of times before. Usually there is so much traffic I couldn't speed if I wanted to but on this occasion roads were quiet so I ended up going through over the limit. Luckily no letter arrived but after this I had it hardwired completely out of site.

On the occasional times I use it for navigation I just put it on the centre console.

Kind regards,

Mark
furterfan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the opinions. Obviously I don't leave the unit (or mount) in view when leaving the car. That said, we all fall prey to the easy option, when we are parked in the driveway, or in a 'nice' area, or if we 'are just going to be a few minutes'.
I don't generally clean off the suction marks, although I have heard that people have been targetted for having visible suction marks.
My car insurance will not currently cover my tom tom, and I wouldnt want to claim a relatively small amount on my home insurance.
what I was hoping for was a cheap'n'easy insurance for damage and theft, peculiar to the sat nav unit

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: