Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Advice Please Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice Please Camera Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurntOut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Advice Please Camera Database Reply with quote

I at the moment am quite disappointed,
I subscribed to the site 2 days ago and downloaded the speed database, however I have a Garmin Streetpilot C310, and upon further reading today I see it may not work with my unit. :x

I had loaded some other poi's B&Q's etc after the speed camera db, can someone tell me if these would wipe out the speed camera info??

I took a journey where I know there is a gatso, but the unit didn't seem to pick it up, this is why I assume it aint workin with my unit or overwritten by the other poi's I put on.

Was wondering if someone could advise me on any of the above point for me, I am at a loss at the mo, or could they point me in the right direction.

I would really like a speed camera database on my unit.

Thanx for any advice no matter how small.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice Please Camera Database Reply with quote

BurntOut wrote:
I subscribed to the site 2 days ago and downloaded the speed database, however I have a Garmin Streetpilot C310, and upon further reading today I see it may not work with my unit. :x .

Why not? The c310 uses Garmin's POILoader and that is all that is required to load and use our database?
BurntOut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice Please Camera Database Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
BurntOut wrote:
I subscribed to the site 2 days ago and downloaded the speed database, however I have a Garmin Streetpilot C310, and upon further reading today I see it may not work with my unit. :x .

Why not? The c310 uses Garmin's POILoader and that is all that is required to load and use our database?

I must be doing somethin wrong:

Would the loading of other poi's delete to speed camera database??

I also am getting no warning sounds (maybe try the other file), only get a choice of two.

Thanx for your rsponse
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Advice Please Camera Database Reply with quote

Yes. When you upload it overwrites what's already there, so you must upload all POIs and camera database together.
BurntOut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can u advise me how I load them up together pls.

Oh and the gatso th unit didnt pic up was like this one posted here
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=37540
Its at a set of traffic light that I pass.

But it prob never pic'ed it up because I loaded other poi's after the database and it's been deleted.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurntOut wrote:
Can u advise me how I load them up together pls.

From MaFt's info at http://www.MaFt.co.uk/garmin/info_use.htm

"Make sure that all POI files (.csv and .bmp) are in the same folder - i.e. if you use the pocketGPSworld.com speed camera files make sure these are in the same folder as the POI's from www.GarminPOI.co.uk. Each time you upload new POI's it wipes out any previously loaded custom points so make sure all the POI files are in the same folder!"

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: