Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Activesync stoppped recognising A201
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Activesync stoppped recognising A201

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theradioactivekid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Activesync stoppped recognising A201 Reply with quote

First time round, all well - linked and synched perfectly. Played around with the PDA for a while (including changing it's name) and now Activesync claims that the PDA is in the cradle. 'Mobile Device' shows up in the 'My Computer' folder regardless of connection. Tried soft resetting PDA, re-installing activesync, turning it off and turning it back on again, all to no avail. Any takers?
madtam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be the PC rather than the PDA. I also wonder if changing the devices name might have upset something as well.
theradioactivekid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Activesync stoppped recognising A201 Reply with quote

theradioactivekid wrote:
now Activesync claims that the PDA is in the cradle.?

Sorry, should be "now Activesync claims that the PDA is disconnected, even though the PDA is in the cradle..." Been the end of a long day!

You might be onto something there Madtam (and incredibly quickly too!) My computer also seems to think that my external hard drive is connected, although it's not.
theradioactivekid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day sat in front of the computer? The fact that the ext hard drive seemed to be connected was a red herring. Cannot connect via bluetooth either. My desktop recognises the PDA and I managed to pair them. The computer apparently offers headset audio gateway and OBEX object push. When trying to activesync via bluetooth it says "the connection could not be completed". On the USB front activesync still says not connected. Device manager sees it as a network adaptor - windows mobile based device. "My computer" sees 'mobile device' whether it's plugged in or not, and when double clicked it shows no files. Don't know a lot about COM ports, but device manager has them as COM1 communications, COM5 - 8 bluetooth com ports serial, dun, lan, fax, in that order. I've checked different USB cables in different USB ports and I'm going old prematurely. So far only one of the three reasons for buying a GPS/GPRS PDA works! Thank god for tomtom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
madtam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would give activesync via bluetooth a miss at the moment. There seems to be a recognised fault with this meaning it won't work. Regarding the USB connection, I can't help a great deal other than suggesting a complete fresh start by uninstalling everything and starting again from scratch. I have a feeling I ended up doing this quite some time ago with my previous PDA. There might have been another fix to get it working but the fresh start approach worked for me at the time.
theradioactivekid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know the outcome of this, it was indeed the computer to blame, with damaged TCP/IP network transport protocol. Thats now fixed and the dell and the mio are getting on like a house on fire. Thanks for the advice.
theradioactivekid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arghh! It's still not working. I'm incredibly close to chucking it out the window. Below is the letter I sent to Mio, when I sent it in for repair. They say they've replaced the motherboard, but I still get the same problem, so god knows why they replaced the motherboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regarding the accompanying Mio A201, purchased on the 23rd February 2006
Serial Number ***
My client ID number ***
RMA ***
My computer: Dell Dimension 4300 running Windows 2000 professional, SP4
Office XP version 2002, Outlook 2002 SP3

Having purchased the A201, I installed the Microsoft Activesync 4.0 that came with the device, and managed to connect the desktop with the digiwalker and synchronise the outlook information. Then I tried to connect to my phone, a Sony Ericsson K750i, via Bluetooth for DUN, which didn’t work, and still doesn’t, although as I understand it a fix is on it’s way. Then I tried re-synching the outlook information, but the Mio gave the message ‘waiting for network.’

Somewhere along the way the TCP/IP network transport protocol of my desktop became damaged, resulting in the computer not recognising the Mio (or being able to view web pages), and the warning box appeared “Mobile device properties: the TCP/IP network transport is missing” (or something similar). This was then fixed and re-installed by Dell, with the result that web pages are now viewable. All this may be irrelevant, but I am telling you in order to give the full history.

When I try to synchronise the A201 and Outlook on my desktop, Activesync connects to the Mio, then a dialogue box appears “dial-up connection – please select the service you want to connect to…etc” so then I enter my broadband name and password. Then the computer side Activesync says ‘connecting’ briefly then ‘synchronizing’, the green wheel rotates endlessly, the information types are listed and the status area does nothing. On the Mio, in Activesync, first the arrows at the top of the screen rotate, the green circle rotates, and it says ‘synchronizing’ at the bottom of the screen, then the arrows at the top change into static arrows (top to the right, bottom to the left), the green circle stops spinning, and it says ‘waiting for network’ at the bottom, although Activesync on the desktop keeps spinning and saying ‘synchronizing’. This cycle repeats approximately every 4 minutes. ‘Status’ on the Mio says “The server could not be reached. This can be caused by temporary network conditions”, with the support code 0x80072EFD

I have tried uninstalling firewall, network filter miniports and Bluetooth manager on the desktop, uninstalling then re-installing Activesync, installing Activesync 4.1, deleting and reconnecting the relationship between Activesync on the computer and the PDA (after which the clock updates but nothing else), soft and hard re-setting the Mio, removing the SD card, using a USB cable instead of the cradle, using a different USB socket, disconnecting all other USB devices, all to no avail.

The ‘Mobile Device’ icon shows up on my computer, and it’s folders are viewable. Device Manager shows one com port (COM1), with no exclamation marks or conflicts; and sees the Mio as ‘Windows Mobile-based Device’ (#3, after several re-installs), and Properties says the device is working properly, with device drivers working.

I have spoken to your technical help desk, who were quite frankly worse than useless, not even getting the hard-reset procedure correct and then failing to warn me that all my documents will be lost after a hard reset.

It is now in your hands. Please contact me on *** if there is anything you wish to discuss.

Yours sincerely,

PS: If you now have the fix for the Bluetooth problems, I would be very grateful if you could apply this to this PDA, as this was one of the main functions (along with synching!) that I bought this machine for. If you could let me know whether or not this was accomplished, that would be great.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: