Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trying to install Tomtom on Mediom 95900.....Stuck!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to install Tomtom on Mediom 95900.....Stuck!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Trying to install Tomtom on Mediom 95900.....Stuck!!! Reply with quote

I am trying to install Tomtom on my Medion 95900 but so far I have not been able to crack the system.

I have downloaded all the information from this site on how to crack the system and then install Tomtom, somewhere I seem to be going wrong.

I have gone to explore via Activesyn and copy and paste the regedit and modified reg into the right folders but after I do a restart it just starts in the normal way, installing Medion navigator but no sign of the taskbar anywhere.

When I check via activesyn and look in the folders again there is no sign of Regedit or modified reg somehow these are not saved to the system and without these I guess I am not going to go any further hi, any thoughts on why I am not able to save these please.

Is this the right method for doing the crack....I open up the folders via activesyn then copy and paste these into the right folders then reset the 95900 is there something I am missing???.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure after you have copied the files you do a soft reset, not a hard reset as this will remove the files again.......

Also make sure you are putting showtaskbar.exe into \windows\startup.
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply, I thought it said in the instructions to remove the screw from the stylus to do a reset after installing the files which is the option at the back of the unit????.

By soft reset I think you mean just turn it off and on again....I will try and see what happens.

Cheers
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: No Good Reply with quote

To continue I have tried both methods but it did not work, when I restart the unit and look for the files I have installed they are gone so that's why it does not work any suggestions as to getting these files to stay put would be a help.

Back to the drawing board hi.
Andysue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: No Good Reply with quote

ferjan wrote:
To continue I have tried both methods but it did not work, when I restart the unit and look for the files I have installed they are gone so that's why it does not work any suggestions as to getting these files to stay put would be a help.

Back to the drawing board hi.

I think you are hard reseting it. I dont have one of these but there should be a small hole somwhere to just push the end of the unscrewed pen in.
Dont you have any instructions?
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push the end of the stylus in the little hole on the top of the unit at the left.... where it cunningly says "reset".

A hard reset (the switch on the back) clears everything back to factory settings, which is why the files are gone after you've copied them. A soft reset (the button on the top) performs a "reboot" and allows the showtaskbar.exe to run on Windows startup.
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: I see!!!! now Reply with quote

Once again many thanks for the help....it must be me eyes hi I was mistaken the hard reset for the reset I will now try and get it right this time, crack the system then install Tomtom hopefully.

Thanks.
crazydad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sort of related. ive read on many forums that people have tom tom 5 to install onto their medion/micromaxx or whatever. where do you get it from????!!?
Hooloovoo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try >>here<<.
bertie_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instruction in post:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27735

worked for me

Bertie
Pc-Mobile
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is trying to install a pirated copy!

Somehow something is missing or he did not do it right.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: