Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq Replacement Parts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq Replacement Parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SparkyMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Ipaq Replacement Parts Reply with quote

Hi all. After taking a dive off the seat of my car this morning the screen of my Ipaq hx4700 is looking like an oil slick with several cracks across it. Obviously it hit something and is now unusable. I'm trying to get hold of a replacement screen for it, but can't find anyone in the UK who seems to sell them. I could order one from the USA, but am reluctant to do this because of the lead time and currency conversion problems (I need to get the screen replaced ASAP!)

So does anyone know of anywhere in the UK who sells replacement screens for the hx4700? I'd prefer to fit the screen myself (I'm quite happy repairing this type of thing) but any options considered at this stage....!

Thanks for any help,
Mark.
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here. They don't seem to offer a 'Supply only' option on this screen, although they do on others. Might be worth an email to ask, although looking at the other prices, they don't actually charge you to do the work, as the 'supply' and 'repair' prices are the same for the 5xxx series.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have pointed people to iPAQ repair and never had a complaint about their work.
SparkyMarky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointers - looks like a pretty good company. I've sent an e-mail to see if they're willing to supply the replacement screen. Watch this space....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: