Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camera icon?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camera icon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solentviews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: speed camera icon? Reply with quote

Hi, I am fairly new to gps satnav. I have a navman 510 with v3 software. Last month I downloaded the speed camera poi quite successfully and was delighted with the result. Since then I downloaded the poi for lpg stations and that was fine too. However since I downloaded the poi for speed cameras this month I have lost the speed icon and only get an lpg icon when I approach a speed camera. I have since reloaded all poi for speed cameras after deleting all poi from my navman 510 but still only get the lpg icon. What I have done wrong and can I rectify this?
thankyou
Ian
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds as if you let the POI editor use it's last known icon (LPG) as the one for the speed cameras. Did you point it to the right icon when you updated all the cameras?
solentviews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi simon1, Yes I realized too late that the lpg icon was on when I updated. I deleted it but cannot find the speed icon to replace it with so it seems to be going with last know icon
Ian
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download the file again if you need and you'll get another speed cam icon.
solentviews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been reading all the info again and downloaded database yet again. Printed handout from site for 510 indicates csv files and readme.txt indicates asc files can you confirm which ones I should be using?
thankyou
Ian
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solentviews wrote:
Just been reading all the info again and downloaded database yet again. Printed handout from site for 510 indicates csv files and readme.txt indicates asc files can you confirm which ones I should be using?
thankyou
Ian

Your unit should be able to use either. However, using the .asc files will prevent you from having to convert the header of each of the .csv files.

Accordingly, my preference would be the .asc files.
solentviews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reloaded using asc files but still have lpg icon for speed cameras. Maybe there is an additional file to delete that I am not aware of. Any ideas?
thankyou
Ian
nortonbeak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are changing the icon file location in the POI Options screen to refer to the location of your gatso.bmp aren't you?
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POIEditor won't automatically find the right icon. You have to browse for it when you get to that screen.
solentviews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for all the help. Now understand the working a little better. Looked at the bmp files but did not understand the significance.
thankyou very much
Ian
filgreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: LPG Icons Reply with quote

I too have Speed Camera and LPG POIs in my 510, but I didn't realise that it is possible to have seperate icons. Both types of POI have the same icon, ablackcircle with black cross and blue background.

Could some kind person with superior intelect (well superior PC skills) please advise me how to change the LPG icon to whatever it should be.
Please treat any reply as if I know next to nothing about PC operating systems (cos I don't).

Thanks
solentviews
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filgreen, The way I overcame the problem was to delete the speed cameras from my 510. I then reloaded from scratch and when I clicked on the lower right hand side of the area that I believe you may be seeing lpg it then brings up another area where you can select the correct bmp file for the speed of the camera you are loading. The process is a bit long but I think I have achieved it. I then reloaded the lpg poi and next time I load the cameras I will be more careful.
Good luck
Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: