Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Speed Cameras Reply with quote

Confused I'm new to SatNav so please be patient with me.
I'm using TomTom Mobile 5 (which I bought 2nd hand) on an SPV C500 smartphone, and eventually I've managed to get everything set up and working EXCEPT the Speed camera locations.
I've downloaded the zip file and unzipped it to a temp directoryon my PC and copied all the individual files into the Navigator Map folders that are on my card, but they don't show up when I go into POI maintenance within TomTom.
I'm not sure if it's significant but my "Maps" are in 2 separate folders called "North Navigator Map" and "South Navigator Map" but every article on your forum seems to refer to a single Great Britain folder. Is this just something peculiar to TomTom Mobile in order to keep the folder sizes smaller?
Am I missing something in the setup of these POI files or have I got a corrupt file setup. There's no way I can check if this is the original files on the card as they could have been overwritten at any time. It certainly looks like the original Genuine TomTom card, which I had to copy on to a mini SD card.
Can anyone help?

DaveBoy
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom only uses country specific maps, in Europe, so don't know how you managed to have 2 regional maps. Are you sure it's TT?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DaveBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! Maps work fine along with my GPS. Only problem is with seing speed cameras!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought all poi's had to be added via the Manage POI menu, but I may be wrong, not

Quote:
POI maintenance within TomTom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: