Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin StreetPilot i3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin StreetPilot i3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackrat62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Legal advice or i3 Reply with quote

Some may link my identity to the (very) old bill.

I'd prefer not to comment on the dubious events of returning damaged goods - perhaps we can stick to the topic. Bet we don't.

ISN'T THE i3 NICE !!!!!

Now where is my soap box?
Newbie1234
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plod you are a , i simply exploited a loophole in a system that is open to interpretation, i am sorry that you cant get your head round it but thats your problem.
Some of us do happen to have the occasional original thought, you live your life constrained by petty rules if you want to, i have lived long enough and served long enough to know that there is more to this word than the petty rantings of some small insignificant jobs-worth, blinded by his own self importance!

Now subject closed.
KINH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else really bored with this or is it just me?

Nice to see what our strong arm of the law does with its free time, or are you at work not answering the phone as usual???

There really are bigger fish to fry, this is a forum for disccussing GPS not massaging egos or god complexes.

Can't you just do what everyone else does.........ask MaFt ??

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
dougconran
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just to update you chaps, i took my dead I3 to PC World and pleaded ignorance to the girl in the help desk, must have worked, as she replaced it for me there and then, no questions asked, also as ithe unit was "pre-owned" (meaning some one had bought it and not liked it) she also refunded me £40?

Newbie1234 - Confused Why did you need to plead ignorance (unless you knew it was wrong)?
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KINH wrote:
Is anyone else really bored with this or is it just me?

:

yes

Quote:
Nice to see what our strong arm of the law does with its free time, or are you at work not answering the phone as usual???

he,he,he...

Quote:
There really are bigger fish to fry, this is a forum for disccussing GPS not massaging egos or god complexes.

agreed

Quote:
Can't you just do what everyone else does.........ask MaFt ??

who's this MaFt bloke? (he,he,he..)
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in The Highlands of Scotland and I am finding the arrival times on the i3 a bit on the optimistic side. Confused Anyone else found the same. No I do not drive like a granny!! Twisted Evil
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the i3 calculates the arrival time based on the distance to go and the speed you are doing..if you are in slow moving traffic then the arrival time will be later, speed up to 60 mph and then the arrival time will be sooner...also your current speed must be fairly constant for the i3 to give a reasonable accurate arrival time..
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I always arrive at the arrival time Embarassed But the actual time of arrival can be half an hour later than the optimum time on a 60 mile journey on clear A roads. Question
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've not really looked at the arrival time that much really... it's all a bit subjective as my watch and the car clock are btoh different to the gps time on the i3 and you can't see the time on the unit while you're driving. so when your mate phones and says how long will you be, you look at your watch and think "right, it's 2.53pm, it ways i'll arrive at 2.55pm so i'll be there in 2 minutes - however, the real gps time is actually 2.49pm so i will be 6 minutes but i don't know either way..."

remaining journey time would be better in my opinion.

MaFt (the all-knowing orifice!)
jaypee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found that the arrival time was pretty accurate

However, it did keep saying that we would arrive at Brands Hatch in the next 15 minutes for the three hours we queued for the formula A1 a couple of weeks ago!!
Noakesi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my StreetPiloti3 and it's little beaut - couldn't resist trying it on the tube... wasn't suprised by the lack of results 8O

Also have loaded up MaFt POI's - good job there mate, keep it up.

A question, I'm visiting South Africa next year and wondered if I could upload the City Select South Africa v5 onto the StreetPiloti3?

Answers gratefully received.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaypee wrote:
Found that the arrival time was pretty accurate

A few times my GPS has given me an ETA and I have said, nah can't get there that quick but lo and behold I arrive within minutes of the original predicted ETA.

It does update your ETA as you drive depending on what sort of progress you are making on each road type but it can't take into account that there may be a traffic jam at a certain point on your trip.

For example, if you are averaging 70 MPH on the motorway then it will assume that you will do 70 on every motorway section in the trip. If you hit road works and slow to 40 then the ETA will be too optomistic.

Sometimes it's just wildly optomistic about the speeds you can achieve, especially on minor roads.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noakesi wrote:

A question, I'm visiting South Africa next year and wondered if I could upload the City Select South Africa v5 onto the StreetPiloti3?

geckogirl i think is the only person who has successfully loaded up city select europe onto a new transflash card and had it working in italy (only 2d) ..so it seems possible you can...
NickC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading all the comments here with great interest - so much so, that I decided to go out and buy one at lunchtime. However, when I got to PC World, they didn't have one on display, and when they brought one out I was surprised at how small it really was. When I asked if they could put some batteries in and let me see the display in action (as it were), they wouldn't do it, so I didn't buy it.

Is the display really big enough to be of use? I wear glasses and would have liked to see it working to make sure I could see it properly from a similar distance to it's positioning in the car.
leedle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickC - I wear glasses too. I was really concerned when I first saw my I3 in real life as I thought the screen was way to small. That really isn't the case - I used Navigator 5 on my PDA before having the I3, and the I3 is MUCH easier to read. Go and buy one!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 18 of 39

Jump to: