Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Should we shout a bit louder about Destinator PN?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Should we shout a bit louder about Destinator PN?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to check about the PN. The program start in 10 seconds. After that there is some text that I must Agree. Then the program is running. Total time from start to tracking is about 30 - 40 seconds. Usualy I just power of the N35, but not the program. When I want to use it, I just put the power on and wait for 5-30 seconds and it's traking.

About the german site. go to this url: http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Give the URL of the german forum ( http://www.navifriends.com/phpbbForum/index.php ) and select "german to english" language. Then you are able to read the site quote well. There is some minor translation errors.
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the agree screen, you have Destinator 3.0.
At PN this 'feature' is not longer included.

Rock
ekto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. The version is 3.0.75_103.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news is I got a reply from tech support. Bad news is it says this:

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your E-Mail.
You have a question about Destinator PN.

Sir, thank you for your concerns and compliments concerning Destinator PN.
We will forward these to the corresponding department.

For further information please don´t hesitate to contact us.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
Destinator Service Center
i. A. Osmir Zimmerman
Combase AG Customer Service Center
Telefon / phone: +49 180 5 123 012

Sigh...........
Holux GPSslim
ekto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the message come from autoreply@destinator.com Laughing

I think that the "big bucks" comes from selling and setting the product to a big fleet/company. If these kind of customers haves problems, they most probably send a guy on the site.

Consumer navigation mite be only a side bussiness. If you have a lot of consumer customers whit low end products, you get a lot of tech support recuests, but not the money to keep such big support team.

I'm shure that this company is not going to use money for low end product development. PN is probably made from the best solution and then they have taken some options etc. away from it. Maps can also be diferent/cheaper. So to make a change they have to do it to the best solution and than produce the lover level product. That mite take time and money.

But this is just my guess about this company. I work at software import company so I have some experiense how these things are done.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I had the automated reply last week. This was their 'official' reply. It was typed by a human hand because you'll see the phrase "thank you for your concerns and compliments concerning Destinator PN" which is very much how it went. It was a lengthy list of queries and suggesions.

I agree with you that in reality, consumer clients might take a back seat to corporate clients, and a look at the http://www.destinatortechnologies.com/index.html confirms that corporate work is a major part of their business. But Destinator PN already exists and could sell well to those looking for a solid value solution. Corporate solutions have been big revenue for years but the explosion inaffordable Personal Navigation is this years big thing. I bet its all over the TV coming up to Christmas. Deciding whether to concentrate on corporate or retail is a big question but if you already have the product out there the decisions already made and not fixing a couple of bugs is a case of spoiling the ship for a ha'penny of tar to me. They could fix the 'favourites-POI' issue, then forget about it for a few minths while it sold a whole heap more.

Sod it. I'm starting to feel like a bit of a banner waving lunatic protester with my posts on here. I'll end up looking like one of those locals that sit for days outside the town hall about the lack of plants in the park. There are more important things in life than Destinator so perhaps I should get over it and take a holiday........and fly there so I don't get all uptight :-)
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: