Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi to all new guy here with a problem (activation code)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi to all new guy here with a problem (activation code)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying a new Gb map on a card will be fine because that map will come with a product code. Put this into www.ttcode.com with the device code and you will get an activation code.

It would be worth considering getting the Maps of Western Europe on the set of 6 CDs and copying the maps you want onto a blank SD card. This would be useful if you do ever cross the channel.

The SD card of GB is 129 euro plus P&P (say around £95) and the set of CDs is £99.99 akll in from Amazon. A blank card is about £20 upwards on line.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it all worked before you updated the application from v4 to v5 and now it doesn't accept the map activation anymore, it means that the map was activated with a code. With versions below 5.0 the activation code files are saved on the SD card:
1. check your SD card for .mac files (something like great_britain-ABC123.mac). It contains your activation code. Should be in the root or in the map folder. Type in this code when prompted.

2. Install version 4.x again, this should give access to the map again (as it did before).

But most of all, demand the productcode (and other stuff like CD) from your seller, as this is the license to use the product.
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course I mean try option 1 or option 2, not both...
gilt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you to all !!!
I got in touch with somebody I know who purchased a classic about 9 months back and he gave me the use of his product code off the Box it came in,so I punched that into the tom website and hey presto they issued me with a activation code.This is now in my tomtom go and it works superb !!!
At long last..thank you all so much,I will certainly stay a member of this forum its g8.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: