Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ****** Problems TT5 What can we do *******
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

****** Problems TT5 What can we do *******
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did hear a rumour that future updates to TomTom5 will allow the software to be used with NAVTEQ maps instead?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a rumour I haven't heard then! TomTom have signed an agreement with navteq and it looks like the forthcoming Rider Unit will have either exclusively Navteq map data or possibly a mixture of the two.

As to whether this decsion will subsequently apply to the remainder of the range remains to be seen.
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:
I did hear a rumour that future updates to TomTom5 will allow the software to be used with NAVTEQ maps instead?

Yes Mark, I heard that too. It would be nice if TomTom did eventually pick a supplier who appears to care more about the accuracy of their products. TomTom as market leader in Europe (65% quoted on their website) have the muscle to put pressure on their supplier if they are not coming up to scratch.

If you look on their website you will see that they are in the process of setting up a subscription-based map update system. The key question here will be just how up to date the maps will be. People will need a lot of convincing from TomTom before they will come on board.
MartinBrown
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Bugs in TT5 Reply with quote

To be honest, I think Tom Tom have done a pretty good job considering.

Almost every piece of software has bugs, Windows and Microsoft are famous for it :-D In anycase, bugs usually occur because either the software authour has not tested a specific configuration (of which there could be literally hundreds) or is under pressure to get the software out as not to disappoint the customers. Most of these bugs are annoyances and not exactly life threatening, but what is the lesser of 2 evils, bugs or software that is months late?

On Tuesday there was a major accident on the M1 and TT5 navigated me around the accident without any hassles. Okay, I was a little late but I can't blame TT for that. Laughing Out Loud. The point is I did not know the route at all, but TT5 got me there and as long as it can do that, I'm happy.

When Windows 95 came out, there were rumours that Microsoft had deliberately released a beta version so that the users did the testing without realising and when reporting the bugs, microsoft was just filling in the bug reports the testers should have filled in. The bug list was huge. I dont think TT are that bad.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: