Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - X50....manual
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

X50....manual
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stussy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, PM me your email address!
Con
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Need help getting the Rikaline X50 working on an iPaq 4700 Reply with quote

I would also like a copy of the manual for the Rikaline X50 too. :D

Does anyone know how to get the Rikaline X50 working on an iPaq 4700 using TomTom? I just see "No Signal Received" and the little red Satellite LED stays on? Please help it's driving me nuts. Confused

Regards,

Con.
Simp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Guess What ? Reply with quote

I am looking at the X50 on e-bay and really want to know if it is any good. It appears quite cheap - too cheap ? I intend hooking it up to an HP2210 with TT3.

Also it would be very much appreciated if somebody could e-mail me a manual.

Cheers
cafcala
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve been trying for a week to get this bloody thing working (rikaline x50) with my ipaq 3715 to no avail.... it is driving me crackers
gshaw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance someone could send me the manual too - I've got a Nokia 7610 (Bluetooth) - do you think it would work OK on that?
Rei
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, not to be a pain or anything, but could someone please send me a copy of the manual?

My email:
faimaster @ yahoo . com

Thanks in advance! 8)
whitey_1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: not a clue how it works Reply with quote

please please could i get a copy of this manuel.please
cause i not know how to sync it of if it is synced with my ipaq 3715 or how to get a signal.
thanks vmuch Confused
gobstopper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone can assist (and forgive a noobie who has been pulling his hair out for hijacking this thread - it seemed like the most appropriate one to ask my questions) but I have recently added an x50 to my collection of toys and I have spent the afternoon trying to get it, my ipaq 2210 and TT5 playing together.

I did get my x50 from ebay and it did come with a CD. However, I don't think the manual is all that informative.

I suspect that the root cause of my problem is the absence of drivers for the x50 on my ipaq, but its the exercise of getting them installed that is leaving me stumped at present.

I can pair the x50 to the 2210 OK - that was explained clearly enough and went exactly to plan, but despite choosing all of the available connectivity options within TT5 (having told it that I wanted to use "Other Bluetooth GPS") all it will say is "No GPS device!" - even though I have a solid red light on my x50 which I believe means that it has a positive fix.

The CD which I got with it auto-runs and there is a driver install option from the resulting web page. However, all that selecting this seems to do is prompt the attempted installation of ActiveSync 3.7 - which as I already have 3.8 installed fails.

Exploring the CD to see if there is a way of manually installing the drivers reveals a "Driver" folder and within it a "Pocket PC 2003" folder. This is where my inexperience with my own PDA trips me up as within this folder are a number of sub-folders, each (I guess) representing a different PDA architecture, and in each of those a single file which I assume is the driver I am looking to install.

Alas, I don't know which is the correct one for my ipaq 2210, nor do I really have the first idea how best to go about installing it - I'm ashamed to say that my PDA has only really been used for contacts and diary things so far in it's life.

I would be most greatful if the kind members of this forum could help me out of this pickle!

Many Thanks. Smile
mortice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I recently bought an ipaq and "translucent" bluetooth GPS receiver from ebay too, the unit is unbranded, and blue - but I'm assuming it's the same one that you guys are talking about

Once again, I have received with no instructions or software, and the ipaq has stopped detecting it (even the blue light on the GPS is not flashing) - instead there is a green light flashing every 2 seconds by the satellite icon

Does anyone have any instructions/links/downloads etc that they could point me in the right direction or email me?

Many thanks in advance

Chris
Xdoktor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey friends,

yes, i too have this same gps receiver!
i have it paired to my motorola a1000 / tomtom sees it after starting...

the problem is.....

it takes some time and a clear sky to get a signal on it!!!!!!

you know when u have signal as the red light flashes slowly.....a permanant red light means NO SIGNAL !

drive down your nearest motorway and it normally picks up better....

i probably will buy a tomtom official gps receiver......after i test it out of course!

peace

dok
PaulTaylor4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I too have one of these unbranded X50 ? things. It came with my HP 6340 iPaq i brought off Ebay.

I can Pair it with my Ipaq. And the Ipaq sees it as a BT 500 ?. And shows a small icon of a 9pin Serial Plug.

I have tried setting up TOMTOM5 using Other GPS on Com1, Com2, and all the way up the list.

Nothing, i always get No GPS in TomTom.

HELP !!.

I also have no manual for this gps reciever, so it would be appriciated if someone could mail me a copy, plus any advice on the above.

paul.taylor@fairadsl.co.uk

Thanks !,
Paul Taylor.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: