Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOM TOM POSTCODES UK (6 Digit)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOM TOM POSTCODES UK (6 Digit)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GillMan1965
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: TOM TOM POSTCODES UK (6 Digit) Reply with quote

I have just upgraded from Tomtom 3 to TT5. Its Brilliant BUT!!

How do i use 6 digit postcodes? I used an seperate application FOC of the web with TT3 that enabled 6 digit postcodes to be used.

TT5 is supposed to have this functionality but after 3 days of playing with the device i cant seem to do what i want. If i cant use 6 digit postcodes i may have to unistall and go back to TT3.

I have found the only sure way of getting somewhere is by using 6 digit postcodes , there are 3 Mary St'reets in Liverpool , having a 15mile radius between them. I know ive been to them all.

Hence a 6 digit psotcode that is correct will always get you where you want to go .

I hope some one can help.
jbegg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: TOM TOM POSTCODES UK (6 Digit) Reply with quote

GillMan1965 wrote:
I have just upgraded from Tomtom 3 to TT5. Its Brilliant BUT!!

How do i use 6 digit postcodes? I used an seperate application FOC of the web with TT3 that enabled 6 digit postcodes to be used.

TT5 is supposed to have this functionality but after 3 days of playing with the device i cant seem to do what i want. If i cant use 6 digit postcodes i may have to unistall and go back to TT3.

I have found the only sure way of getting somewhere is by using 6 digit postcodes , there are 3 Mary St'reets in Liverpool , having a 15mile radius between them. I know ive been to them all.

Hence a 6 digit psotcode that is correct will always get you where you want to go .

I hope some one can help.

Hi Gillman,

When you have a GPS fix you select the "Navigate to" option then select "postcodes" which is on another screen. You do not use "address" as you used to do in TTN3 or TTN4.
amcluesent
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this post...Wink
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22180&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
GillMan1965
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: TT5 Reply with quote

I dont understandwhy postcodes have to be installed Seperately in tt5, I have done it now after help from the forum , thanks,

Compared with the application i had loaded with tt3 from Digitools the postcode operation doenst appear to be very slick. Before i could enter the 6 digit postcode of ANYWHERE in the uk and say navigate to. It got me there every time no issue simple quick and easy.

I have tried using the postcode option in TT5 and after entering the 6 digit postcode that i know is correct it offers me many options on road names and road numbers . It appears that TT5 reads the six digit postcode but needs more info before it can navigate to any address. Not to good if all you have is a postcode and you dont have the road name.

I of course may be doing something wrong , I am impressed with tt5 but the instructions that come with it for using postcodes etc doesnt seem to exist , again i may be look in the wrong place sorry for ranting TOMTOM..

I think Tom Tom is a great product the upgrade is very different from TT3 and doesnt at first seem very intuitive in parts, but after a few days of use its new power and capability become apparent, I am just a bit frustrated that i have not been able to get where i want as qucikly as i wanted to based on my experience of using tt3 for ages.

Hope somebody can help shed more light on the use of postcodes please

Thanks in advance.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extensively discussed in this forum. Try the search facility and read some of the scores of posts in the last 10 days telling you how to get it to work
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
GillMan1965
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help , i have found the search menu and now have my problem solved , Thanks again for your support. Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: