Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unable to load Medion maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to load Medion maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meirion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Unable to load Medion maps Reply with quote

I have tried and tried to load the France map to my pc/ppc with Medion 4.2. The program loads OK but no matter what I try I am unable to load any maps. The speed of loading shows that no maps are being copied. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody please help?

Thanks

Meirion
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what or how you have tried to do that, but you need to load MapExport to your main PC, then connect your PDA via ActiveSync, then select the map and it will send it to your storage card, MapExport can also send it to a storage card via a card reader which is a lot faster if you have one.

You should have 4 disc's with Medion 4.2, cannot remember which disc MapExport is on, just use Explore to find it, which ever disc MapExport is on, if you then eject the disc, then put it back in your cd drive it should auto start and give you the option to install it to your main pc.
meirion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map export is on my pc, but no maps in it. The program loads ok, but the maps do not. This is what is baffling me.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you select a map to edit or transfer to your PDA you have to load the correct cd for MapExport to read the data from.

meirion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The problem is that when I try to export anything the message 'The directory for the basic map is invalid' appears.

meirion
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meirion wrote:
Thanks. The problem is that when I try to export anything the message 'The directory for the basic map is invalid' appears.

meirion

Have you replaced your CD drive or anything like that since installing MapExport, try uninstalling MapExport from your main PC, reboot and re-install, otherwise I don't know what the problem is.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: