Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera and POIs with TomTOM Navigator 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera and POIs with TomTOM Navigator 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scartland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Safety Camera and POIs with TomTOM Navigator 5 Reply with quote

Hi I have just received Tomtom Navigator 3 to 5 upgrade and installed it on my Mio 168. There seem to be a problem with Checkpoint 3.2. It worked well with Navigator 3 and I was able to update from the Checkpoint data base without problem. I can no longer do this as I am unable to access the syncronize command or any other set up commands in the Checkpoint Software. (The Checkpoint icon appears but then vanishes from the bottom of the Navigator screen). I have uninstalled Checkpoint and then reinstalled but without success. I am assuming that the new Navigator 5 software is not compatable. Can anyone advise me of a way forward or of the best alternative, cost effective, safety camera and POI software that will work?
Parky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Checkpoint and all other POI software will not work with TTN5. We will have to wait until TT release their SDK for TTN5 for other software companies to update or re-release these add ons.

Alan
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi scartland,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

As Parky said, TomTom have not released the SDK for TTNav5. In the meantime have a look at the guide on how to install and use (camera database) POIs with TomTom Navigator 5.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
gbh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scartland,
As per other replies : Checkpoint 3.2 will not work with TT5.

However, Checkpoint 3.2 doesstill work on its own.

I have hp1940 & checkpoint 3.2 / TT5.

I am still using Checkpoint 3.2 to sync the POI's (renamed the map directory TT5 created, back to same name as TT3 & sync works fine).

Originally I had Checkpoint 3.2 startup TT & this even started TT5 (same name .exe), but that's as far as integration goes.

Don't know how to fix your problem, but can confirm Checkpoint 3.2 should not stop working just because you have installed TT5
scartland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to reply.

GBH - I suspect that Checkpoint was working but it was set up to start TT3 and I was unable to get into the software to make it stand alone. I reloaded but it remained with the auto start on. As soon as TT5 started it prevented me getting into the set up for Checkpoint to change that setting.

I have since followed the instructions, kindly identified by Privateer, and set up POI Edit and down loaded the POI files I then pasted the .ov2 and optional .BMP files into the UK Map folder. However I cannot now understand how to match a new POI category to the Gatsco and Mobile files that I have pasted into the map file. To show these on the map.

Do I call them Gatsco and Mobile or something different?

regards
Stewart

Boy I feel stupid today!

I was happy with TT3 and had confidence in the speed camera data but the maps were poor in the areas I needed.
gbh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stewart,

One thing I have noticed from time to time - If PDA is connected to sync cable, will sometimes stop my CK3.2 from loading.
Once installed, remove from sync cable, then attempt to start CK3.2.
You may then be able to uncheck start TomTom with CK tickbox.

Regarding the Gatsco & mobile files, I'm not sure I understand, but I think they take the POI category name from within the file itself. POIEdit should be able to open the file & display the POI category name ? (not used in a while) ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: