Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio 168 or Acer n35?.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio 168 or Acer n35?.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RussellS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi itx,

Looking through that list of features, it looks exactly the same as the unit I got for £199. I can't see any difference at all. When you get the MyGuide, it all comes pre-packaged in the box. It's not as though you get the PDA unit in one box and then all the accesories supplied seperately, it all comes packed in the MyGuide box and factory sealed.

With regards to the Novatech Mio, that is the one I was going to get and is the same one my friend got before Christmas. However they were out of stock (like everyone else) with no date for new stocks arriving. It was at this point that I saw the Lidl flyer, did some research (mainly on these forums) and decided to try for that one.
The Mio Map software is better than the Falk Navigator software and appears to be almost identical to the Destinator 3 software (in fact the Mio Map logs onto the Destinator website to activate itself).

If you can get the Novatech one for that price I would go for it, however they appear to be out of stock still. I am still happy I got mine when I did for £199 but I don't think that the MyGuide is worth the extra now the price has increased.

Russell
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RussellS wrote:
Hi itx,

Looking through that list of features, it looks exactly the same as the unit I got for £199. I can't see any difference at all. When you get the MyGuide, it all comes pre-packaged in the box. It's not as though you get the PDA unit in one box and then all the accesories supplied seperately, it all comes packed in the MyGuide box and factory sealed.

With regards to the Novatech Mio, that is the one I was going to get and is the same one my friend got before Christmas. However they were out of stock (like everyone else) with no date for new stocks arriving. It was at this point that I saw the Lidl flyer, did some research (mainly on these forums) and decided to try for that one.
The Mio Map software is better than the Falk Navigator software and appears to be almost identical to the Destinator 3 software (in fact the Mio Map logs onto the Destinator website to activate itself).

If you can get the Novatech one for that price I would go for it, however they appear to be out of stock still. I am still happy I got mine when I did for £199 but I don't think that the MyGuide is worth the extra now the price has increased.

Russell

Hi Russell,

Thank you for your reply. You're right, Novatech are out of these the same as a lot of other online retailers seem to be. What i'm failing to understand is what the difference is between the Navigator 6500XL that Lidl have in their flyer dated 30th May for £279.00 compared with the one that they have been selling for £199.00. There must be some difference i'd have thought, particularly as they claim that the bundle advertised on this flyer is £70.00 cheaper than the same item was advertised/sold for last year. Any idea's anyone?.

Thank you.
Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="itxweatherHi Pocketgps,
If there is software that's downloadable that enables poi's to be used with Falk navigator does this mean that the U.K. poi's can be downloaded?.
Thank you.
Best Regards.[/quote]

I must admit that I have not read what's on the web link I posted, but if they say they can make Falk use poi's then it must be possible.
GordonD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Lidl about the price difference and was told that the £199 was a regional offer for recently refurbished stores in the south east only. The same offer may come to Scotland (where I am) in 6 or 9 months - I stress may. The units are identical

I also mentioned the misleading advert that said 70% cheaper than last year - I think they meant £70

Still bought one the other day and it seems okay - a couple of minor map errors, on e annoyingly affecting my street
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GordonD wrote:
I contacted Lidl about the price difference and was told that the £199 was a regional offer for recently refurbished stores in the south east only. The same offer may come to Scotland (where I am) in 6 or 9 months - I stress may. The units are identical

I also mentioned the misleading advert that said 70% cheaper than last year - I think they meant £70

Still bought one the other day and it seems okay - a couple of minor map errors, on e annoyingly affecting my street

Hi GordonD,

Thank you for your reply. Personally think that Lidl's pricing policy is unfair, can understand that offers are regionalised to stagger the offers from one region to another but fail to understand how they can charge £199.00 and £279.00 for exactly the same product. This sort of practice is bound to cause unhappiness with their customers.

You're right about the error in their advertising, the price has supposedly dropped by £70.00 and not 70%!.

Do you think that a 400MHz CPU is more advantageous than a 300MHz CPU or is the difference in speed negligible?.

Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk
GordonD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the Lidl unit nearly a week now, and must say I am most impressed (although still a bit narked at having to pay the higher price)

New to PDAs myself so can't really comment on the beefits of the extra speed, but it's surely better to have if available
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert on this but I was told that if you get a Nav system with Tomtom then go for a PDA no less than 400mhz ,thats why I have been put off the Mio & thought the MY guide was the better buy.
I have looked on (I think total Pda) at there reviews by users of the Mio & a few have said the Mio can be a bit slow on when to turn ,again putting me off buying it (Also not being able to change the battery).
I could be all wrong about the above but I have just gone on what other people have said.
allelectrix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: No problems with TWO Acer N35's and a Bicycle for me Reply with quote

I think you guys might be interested in this:

http://allelectrix.bravehost.com

I have highlighted with elaborate descriptions why I love the N35 on this web page, there are several colour photos of the 2 x N35's on my Bicycle and they also show the 2 different Apps running on them, the N35 on the left side of the handlebars runs Tchart's GPS Speed Sentry, this gives me among other things, speed readout, distance travelled, OS Grid reference etc, the other Computer is running Anquet Maps App called Anquet V06 which features Ordnance Survey's Landranger 1:50000 mapping, and gives me a precise pin point position fix on that mapping no matter where I am.

i hope you like the web page. I am please to chat with any of you on it.
please feel free to contact me at:

allelectrix2@yahoo.co.uk

all the very best to you all, Jim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: