Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which bluetooth car kit to buy?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which bluetooth car kit to buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rimmer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Which bluetooth car kit to buy? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have TT mobile running on a nokia 6600 with a BT-77 Bluetooth GPS reciever. I also own a Nokia 6230 and use both phones on a daily basis.

Using the Nokia 6600 with TT mobile runs the battery down pretty quickly. This is where my question comes in.

My question is this... I would like to buy a car kit that will most importantly charge the Nokia 6600 but may also charge the Nokia 6230.
I was thinking of a bluetooth kit, but is it possible to have a car kit that can pair with two mobiles at the same time so that I can answer either of the mobiles.
It would be nice to charge the bluetooth GPS also. (I only have the usual 1 cigarette lighter socket.

Also it would be nice to have two cradles also ;)

Can anyone suggest a product that will fullfill my requirements.

Thanks in advance.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have the Parrot 3300 on test. It is a good BT Handsfree Kit and also BT GPS, but it does not charge the phone. Also it works great with my XDA but I have trouble getting the BTGPS and the hadsfree to work with my C500.

As far as cradles go I like the Brodit holders. You can have 1 Proclip with a move-mount on it and then get 2 holders, one for each phone. You will still need to get a phone charger as well. www.brodit.com

Another alternative that you colud look at is the new interchangeable systems from Elan, these are professionally wired handsfree kits with interchangeable holders. www.elan-eu.com
Rimmer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to pair both phones at the same time, along with the paired 6600 to the BT-77GPS to any of the parrot systems available for taking calls.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: