Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why do I need to re-activate my maps for the V5 upgrade?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do I need to re-activate my maps for the V5 upgrade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Why do I need to re-activate my maps for the V5 upgrade? Reply with quote

Re-activation is only required if you have changed your SD card for any reason. This is why some users need to re-activate and others dont.

This is bacause the original activation was on the retail SD card. If you activated by using a product code and the www.ttcode.com website this stored the activation in a slightly different format. The new software does not recognise this. From Version 5.0 the activation will be stored in the GO on flash memory rather than the SD card.

The work around would be to perform the upgrade on your original retail SD card. This should then copy the activation to the GO flash memory correctly. Once this has been don you should be able to upgrade your other CD as the GO will already be activated for this map.

The workaround is only theoretical as I havent been able to test it as my GO has already been activated for the new maps.
Gordini100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A problem I've struck, is that I wanted to save my France map with the new OS on another sd card, as I had done with the original one.
It has proved impossible for me to copy and paste the map onto the newer card as I get 'File System Error 1148'.
Looks as if I'll have to persevere with the original card and an ever decreasing memory.
On the other hand if any kind person can tell me what to do........
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: V5.00 and map re-activation. . or not! Reply with quote

I'm still puzzled.

I have put the v5.00 upgrade onto three different SD cards containing various admixtures of maps.

1) The original Tom Tom SD card with the GB map, only, and some POIs. This required NO re-activation, even though it had been used, successfully, in another TT-GO in an effort to resolve a problem in the other GO.

2) A Kingston 512Mb card containing the maps (from MoWE CD) of Iberia, South Germany, Austria and Switzerland Region and North Italy. (All same product code). This required re-activation with the original activation code.

3) A similar SD card containing MRoE (from original GB CD), Benelux, France and West Germany (from MoWE CD) [different product codes for MRoE and MoWE]. This required NO re-activation!! This is the card I thought would have needed re-activation as it originally needed two activation codes.

So I'm still puzzled and poor Gordon (posting above) has had no response to his query.

None of the cards have been wiped and re-used, and the only additions are POI's. There seems 'no rhyme or reason' that I can see!
Supersnapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: SD Cards Reply with quote

Hi Lads,

Just out of interest today I have been copying data from my original Tom Tom 128mb card onto a 512mb card, for some reason it just would not work, I was also being asked for the activation code until I formated the new 512mb card, from that point on I had no problems what so ever. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Graham

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: