Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom3, Fortuna ClipOn and Eten P700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom3, Fortuna ClipOn and Eten P700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemaN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Tomtom3, Fortuna ClipOn and Eten P700 Reply with quote

I have a Eten P700 PDa and recently, over several occasions have intalled tomtom3, with and without the updates from the tomtom website. My issue is this, When I first start the PDA and register the BT everything connects ok, The Fortuna is setup as COM8 and tomtom setup as the V0183 38400 Baud driver. When I look at the GPS status then I can see 5-8 Satilites, The link between Fortuna and PDA is establised and then tomtom nav locates my current position, when I then ask it to navigate to a point, it does one of 2 things, either the pointer does not progress ie. GPS or it works for about 5 mins and then appears to lock up. I have swapped the clipon with a collegue who has identical kit, and my fortuna works fine on his P700, His shows same aspect as mine, hence not BT clipon. Is this more likely an issue with tomtom or my hardware on the PDA, if PDA, does anyone know of any updates.... I am getting to the point when a hammer seems the best option.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell us which versions you are using, both for TomTom Navigator and for the GPS driver.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
PiemaN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried with many versions, I started with the standard install and tried v3 of navigator and the gps, aftet a rebuild of the PDA, i tried running the updates to V3.01 after re-installing the original s/w. I also tried updating and fresh install from V3.03 all tna. I recently tried installing an older version, think it was V2.07 of the gps driver and still no go, Was thinking that maybe it was something to do with the BT on the PDA, as when I first setup the GPS it gets a fix on my location, if I move then nothing, if a warm start the PDA 100yrds up the road and setup BT again (without switching off ClipOn) then the GPS gets a fix on my new location.....Please help if you can !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: