Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTT3 and GPRS Disconnects
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTT3 and GPRS Disconnects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: TTT3 and GPRS Disconnects Reply with quote

Am I correct in thinking that TTT does not auto-connect to your default internet connection in the same way that Pocket Internet Explorer does?

When driving a route I have a fair amount of trouble maintaining a GPRS connection. As soon as I drive through a patchy area of mobile phone reception, the GPRS connection drops. SE T68 via BT to iPAQ 3870, Orange network, Socket BT GPS, WM 2003.

Its unsafe and impractical to try to restore it as you're driving along. TTT will not auto-reconnect, so what else is out there as a solution to re-dial the connection? Couldn't see any options in my phone to setup an always connected auto-redial GPRS connection.
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have set automatic updates in traffic to on, then TomTom Traffic will re-connect at this interval.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can do this by going into your PDA Connection Settings, "Select Networks" button and ensure that "Bluetooth Settings" is selected for both Internet and Private Network. You also need to have set up in the Proxy Settings for Bluetooth Settings that "this network connects to the internet".

The PDA will remember the last dial up mobile device modem you used and the last connection you used and attempt to use these. (I suggest you don't have "auto pick" selected.

Also I believe that if you establish a connection manually then start TT, if the connection drops it will not automatically re-establish. I think you have to let it automatically establish the first time.

I also believe that you need to have an Auto Connect entry for dial-up networking which comes under the registry entry:

HKLM\Software\Widcomm\BtConfig\Autoconnect\0011

I am not sure how this is entered, but I certainly did not do it manually.

I know this all a bit vague as it worked for me without me having had to tune the settings, but it may help you look in the right direction.
Fuego
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, but I fear it's not that straightforward for me.

Firstly, Internet Explorer happily establishes the connection if you fire it up and navigate to a page. Always has done for me.

Also Inbox will auto connect if I poll a pop3 mailbox.

Yep, Bluetooth settings all fine, as far as I can see. Again, something I've been using for a couple of years, for browsing, mail and other things, from PPC 2002 through to my upgrade to WM 2003. Checked network settings, anyway.

Looked in the registry at the Widcomm entries and everything you'd expect is there. Bluetooth connects are established automatically to phone, GPS and other devices, when required.

I also tried not establishing the connection manually, prior to starting TTN3, and waiting for traffic auto update to kick in. Still no automatic connection established.

Well, anyway, I was under the impression that auto-connect just didn't work for TTT (latest version 3.04 btw), but from what I'm hearing here it sounds like it should work. Just don't know why it's not working. Am I an isolated case?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 2210 I had it set up so that the traffic did not update on a constant basis.

When I tap the right section of the screen the connection occurs automatically and the traffic gets updated.

I did previously have it set to update every 10 minutes, but found that I would rather control it manuallt most of the time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: