Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Transfering ownership of maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfering ownership of maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Transfering ownership of maps Reply with quote

Hopefully this question will be easy to answer for someone who knows about TT licencing and activation.

Is it possible to sell TT maps that are no longer required? How does this work with regard to activation? Do I have to uninstall the old map in some special way to enable a new user to install/activate it?

It arises beacsue I have one of the map segments which can be purchased by download (and which has been upgraded to TT3). This is the Dutch Coast map. I've now bought the full Maps of Western Europe pack, so the map segment product is surplus to requirements and I want to sell it (or, failing that, give it away).

Thanks,
Paul
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether there's any specific licence agreement for the downloadable map segments, but in the absence of instructions to the contrary I'd think that if you transfer all copies of the map together with the product code, that's it.

The new owner will need to activate the map using the product code - assuming there's some time since the map was activated on your device, this shouldn't be a problem. If you want to double check, go to www.ttcode.com and enter the product code for the map - it will tell you if there's a waiting period before you can activate the map on a new device.

David
hornist
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. That's the info I needed!

However, when I go to www.ttcode.com I only get the option to activate a product (which I don't really want to do). If I enter the product code I get

'Thank you. "XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX " is a correct product code for TomTom Navigator Dutch Coast.
You now need to find your device code. This code is displayed on the screen of your handheld device when you start the application.

Note: this product has already been activated.'

Does this mean that a new user would not be able to activate it again, or would they have to go through some hoops with TT support to explain the situation? FWIW the product was activated around end May which was when TT finally sent me the code for the v3 upgrade.

Thanks,
Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: