Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom xxl classic-2GB TTS. create larger gatso warning icon
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom xxl classic-2GB TTS. create larger gatso warning icon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe_peddos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Tomtom xxl classic-2GB TTS. create larger gatso warning icon Reply with quote

I have just started to use my xxl classic-2GB TTS and on my first encounter with a speed camera I got the warning sound and a small screen icon is it possible to create/download a larger icon.

version 9.170 Map Western_Europe v875.3669

I updated my One (30 series) with speed camera icons from this site but that had version 8 and UK and Ireland maps not sure if the icon sets will work with
the XXL Classic
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not back up the device and try them/one?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
joe_peddos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Why not back up the device and try them/one?

Hi DennisN I have passed my One onto my daughter. I tried downloading the large icons and transferred them to the Western_Europe map folder to no effect. It could be I put them in the wrong folder Joe

PS I have a full windows back up so I am happy to give anything a try :o)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look in the map folder. If you've done the download correctly, you should have either three or four files for each camera - assuming you have the speed zoned set of cameras and the voice files too, you'll have, for example

pocketgps_uk_gatso_20_X2.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.bmp
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ogg
pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2

If you didn't take the voice warning files, you won't have the .ogg files. I believe you MUST have the ordinary size icons too, not just the larger ones.

If you have got the files as indicated above, then it will work IF it will work on your device - sorry, I don't know that one, that's why I'm saying give it a try.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered your post on the other forum... glad to see you here.

Your question in the other place seemed to imply you couldn't get the POIs to work at all on the new model, but now I see it's just the icon size you are concerned about,

The icon on the map will always be the same size. However the final size of icon you see in the TOP-LEFT CORNER during an alert, will depend on software version. As I said there:

Quote:
The other issue you might be seeing is that several times TT have changed the way they use the icons when they flash in the top left corner as you approach a POI.

Originally, they just "up-scaled" the normal 22x22 icon which meant they could look quite blocky.

In (I think) v7 software, they allowed the user to add a SECOND 44x44 or 48x48 icon (with "_X2" at the end of the filename) which would be used for the large flashing display. Then they lost the ability to use 48x48 and then they ruined it completely (in v9 I think) by adding a FRAME around the flashing top-left icon.

The frame was a fixed size and the icon (even if you added the double-sized one) was automatically squashed down to go inside the frame. So it ended up barely bigger than the small one.

That's how it is now. Afraid you're stuck with it.

Interestingly, on the new NAV3 models you can use 24x24 icons and they show slightly larger on the browse map screen.

joe_peddos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I answered your post on the other forum... glad to see you here.
[/quote]

Hi Andy_P thank you for the reply. It was only a minor niggle I am really very happy with the classic Joe

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: