Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPhone 4 + TT940 Remote working now on Phone book!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone 4 + TT940 Remote working now on Phone book!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: iPhone 4 + TT940 Remote working now on Phone book! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have discovered that now when you use the iphone 4 with the TT940 you can use your remote (TT940) to access the telephone numbers stored on the TT940.

Before you could get to the screen where your numbers were but the up down left and right button on the remote would not function.

It does now so that is good, now what seems to have happened is that Tom tom have given us something in the left hand and taken something away in the right!

I was going to update my contacts in the TT940 so i selected to get the numbers from the phone and it now says this feature is not supported! Well it did used to support it because that was how I got them there in the 1st place.

does anyone know a workaround for this?

as always thanks in advance for any replies,

SDM197.

Last edited by sdm197 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an i-phone but I had the same issue with an HTC (win6) after the upgrade. I did two things and I am not sure which fixed it but I deleted contacts.txt from the contacts directory on the Go and I deleted the phone pairing. On re-pairing the phone with the Go, the phonebook was downloaded.

I notice that the format of the contacts.txt file has changed with every name character having an exclamation mark (!A!B!C!) in between.

Also the Go was downloading the directory from my phone contacts and also from the SIM card which I thought unusual as I have not set the phone the to use the directory on the SIM. This resulted in near duplicate entries.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sdm197,

I haven't used this feature before but to test for your problem I paired my iPhone 4 and TT940, and allowed it to transfer my contacts, which it says it has done successfully.

I can only imagine that it's because you've already got contacts on there, possibly in a different format, as I think MrT was saying.
strickers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was known problem about a year ago, it got to TT second line who said we are looking into it but never fixed it. Remote works as it should with 9.058, why it took a year to fix up, down, left and right in phonebook access is beyond me. One of the many reasons why when I next upgrade, TomTom won't be written anywhere on the device.
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies Laughing

It is interesting, before I could update the phonebook on the TT940 by just requesting the numbers from the phone.

I then tried deleting the phone from the Tom Tom, then went through the process of setting it up again and re pairing the 2 items on Bluetooth, it then asked me if I wanted to get the numbers from my phone which I did and it worked. So thanks Mr T for that suggestion.

It is a bit of a faff though if you know you just want to add a couple of numbers that you have recently added to your phone, and it did not have to be done like this before, oh well the price of progress I suppose!

Overall I am pleased as I can now use the remote.

Thanks for your replies, most appreciated,

SDM197.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: