Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - do I need to remove tomtom camera data from go 530?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

do I need to remove tomtom camera data from go 530?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
judgejudy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: do I need to remove tomtom camera data from go 530? Reply with quote

Hi, new to site, and satnavs. Please be kind!

Just bought a refurbished Tomtom Go 530, thought it was good until today. It picked up a local speed camera in one direction, coming up behind it, but not in the other direction, driving towards it Confused
After googling I have found this site, and decided it will pay me to join and buy/download the Camera Database from pgps.

First, do i need to remove the Tomtom camera info on my Go 530, or do i leave it on the device? If i do need to remove it, is that easy? How do i remove it?
Sorry for sounding dumb, it`s only easy if you know how Rolling Eyes

Will the download include mobile cameras?

Yes, i`ve just realised i have posted this in the wrong place, but don`t know how to move it Mad

Also a bit concerned as just driving locally have had atleast 4 errors on directions/exits in 24hrs, and i`ve downloaded map updates from the Tomtom site??

All advice greatly appreciated.... and any other recommendations?
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi judgejudy, Although it is possible to remove the supplied SpeedCameras from your TT530 you do not have to unless you really want to, you can also either leave them running on your SatNav alongside the ones from here (a kind of belt'n'braces approach), or you can just disable them so that they are still on your machine but they do not alert you when you pass. Personally I favour removing them completely.

The downloads from here do include mobile camera sites and they also include Un-Verified mobile camera site (these are called pMobiles) which you can install if you wish.

You ask about other recommendations, have you read the post entitled "Sticky: TomTom FAQ's" at the beginning of the TomTom Portable Navigation Devices section of this forum?. There is lots of advice there for new owners.

Print a copy out and work your way through it, ask extra questions here if you are unsure about anything.

Regards,

EDIT - It is MOST important that the first thing you do is to take a WindowsExplorer back up of your Go530 and store it safely somewhere on your computer.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would leave both databases on the device for a week or two, this way you will then have a very good idea as to which database offers the more accurate coverage, I know what the answer will be but its best if you make up your own mind on this question!

There are two types of database you can download from here for your device:

Consolidated by type which will let you know the type of camera you are approaching.

Speed Zoned which lets you know the type of camera you are approaching AND its rated speed, this takes slightly longer to configure but is well worth the extra effort, with practice you can configure this fully in less than five minutes so its no big deal.

If you want spoken alerts that read out the type of camera and rated speed there are voice packs available for download in a number of different voices.

Let us know what you want/ expect from the device or if you get stuck, its not difficult but I guess when we all started using this database for the first time it didn't seem 100% straight forwards, once you have it sorted on the device though you will be able to update the database weekly and it will seem like second nature - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: