Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M40 Gatso's
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M40 Gatso's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: M40 Gatso's Reply with quote

I noticed the M40 Gatso's in the variable speed limit section near the M42 are now shown as live in the camera submissions map, but previously they were shown as dummys.

I have never seen these flash even when people are flying past me at the posted variable speed limit, so how do you know these are live all of a sudden?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember we got a report from someone who works in the office that manages these gantry cameras, to say that apparently one camera in each is live. Darren posted the report and MaFt can probably shed more light too.
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy... I can only presume the threshold is set very high then...

Still amazes me when people do 70MPH or more through the M40 SPECS cameras at M40 J15.

A 58 Reg Lexus should get a tax demand soon!
chrisbenwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I travelled through here yesterday and the limit was set to 60 mph, although I was with a colleague in the car and failed to notice the limit was set to 60 and went through the first gantry at 70.

I know people who regularlt travel through these at 70+ when the variable is set to 50 mph and they have never heard anything, but then one person I know has received a NIP after being clocked doing 57mph when the limit was set to 50.

Is there any information on this site about these cameras as have googled the usual seach and found stuff from the highways agency, but can't find anthything about how high the threshold it set at, or whether they flash etc etc.....

I wonder if I am safe doing 70 when it was set at 60? Anxious 14 day wait me thinks........ Rolling Eyes
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually the trigger is set to the speed limit plus 10% plus 2 mph. So at a posted speed of 60 mph the trigger speed is 68 mph.

If you are taking your speedo as the speed you were doing then when you were doing an indicated 70 you were probably doing about 67-68 mph as they tend to over read.

Finally it'll also depend on when the speed limit sign changed as there is a grace period of 3-5 minutes after the sign changes before the new speed limit is enforceable.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: