Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HD Traffic - No Incidents Showing?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HD Traffic - No Incidents Showing?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: HD Traffic - No Incidents Showing? Reply with quote

Over the last couple of days my device has been showing as 'Traffic Up To Date' but there is no incidents showing at all. Allother Live Services are working. I'm in the middle of Doncaster at the moment so I'm sure there is at least one incident in the area. And that is verified when I go onto routes.tomtom.com.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

I've done a factory, and hard reset with no joy.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had incidents this morning - I will check now
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - it instantly updated and said 33 incidents, it is now at 62 after a minute to update.

No incidents in Doncaster though!
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange. Even in Doncaster I'd still expect to pick up some incidents within a few hundered miles of a radius. Especially as there showing on the routeplanner.

Been like this for two days now and all the other live services are working. Confused
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is no consolation, but mine has been fine today as well.

What Navcore are you running and do you have a GPS fix or are you testing indoors?

Have you tried running clearflash 3 times?
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ran the clearflash once. Will try three times. Have tried with a GPS signal but it is very intermitant which is very unusual. Had it on for 10min today with a solid GPS signal but traffic info was the same (none) even after a couple of reboots.
Ran a factory reset and a hard reset (holding down power button) with no joy.

I'm running App. 8.371 (450680/091021) OS:450540
GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120
United Kingdom & ROI v840.2562

Live details are:
MMC/MNC: 23415
Sim ID : 89441000 (i've excluded the rest of the SIM card details)
IMEI: 3542260 (I've excluded the rest of the IMEI details)
Model: 00.01.04

My backup is on an online storage but it is hellishly slow at downloading probably as I'm doing it all from a Dongle and a Laptop. Typically this happens when I'm 300 miles from home!

I'm not looking forward to the M1 on Friday afternoon at this rate!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
My backup is on an online storage but it is hellishly slow at downloading probably as I'm doing it all from a Dongle and a Laptop. Typically this happens when I'm 300 miles from home!
What if you kept a copy of it all on a spare MicroSD card to pop in if it falls over?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so i've rolled back to a full update that i knew was working. Ran the clear flash took three times, factory reset several times, hard reset several times. Signed back into the live services and all except traffic are working

Nothing. Traffic shows br updated within about 15 sec this morning and shows no incidents at all.

This has really got me stumped now.

Any ideas?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed with HD Traffic sometimes it appears to take several attempts to download traffic info, it seems that it does not download the info in one attempt. I do not know if it loads say 33%+33%+33% or if it gets 33%, sees this as wrong, tries again gets 66% again sees this as wrong then finally tries and gets 100%.

Now if it is the first suggestion above, it could be that it makes one attempt then the next two fail, but the unit counts the first partial data as a success.

I am only speculating here as I cannot actually see how the data comes in, but I am watching my unit and TT routes at the moment waiting for a local jam to clear before I set out and I can see that not all the roads on the unit update at the same time as the TT routes and appear to be updating in parts.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now been asked for the serial number presumably to send the device in for repair.

That's just what i need for a return journey home up the A1 on Friday afternoon.

Frustraiting thing is it never seems to fail when your at home or not using it for a while etc.

Evil or Very Mad
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning whilst out my unit kept telling me that there was no traffic info available but I was connected to the TT servers, so TT may be having some problems again.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
What if you kept a copy of it all on a spare MicroSD card to pop in if it falls over?

I will do from now on, Usually my Orange Dongle is very quick, however not where I am currently which is just typical.

MrT wrote:
This morning whilst out my unit kept telling me that there was no traffic info available but I was connected to the TT servers, so TT may be having some problems again.

My device is telling that traffic information is availible and up to date, however there are no incidents showing at all. If go to the route planner then there are incidents a plenty.

Update: I have also checked the tmccodes.dat traffic.dat files in the map folder. Both contained data (around 800kb and 30kb) but have replaced them with copies TT sent previously. Their file size on disc is 880Kb (tmccodes) and 4kb (traffic)

I have a copy of the navcore for my 540. If I delete ALL content on the device except the map folder, can I extract the navcore cab in an attempt to solve the issue?

I'm believing it's a software issue as the rest of the Live services are working ok and I'm desperate to not have to send it away as I need it for returning home this weekend.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would copy the map folder over to the PC and then format the internal memory.

Extract a new Navcore on with WinRAR and then copy the map folder back and reboot.

Perform a soft and hard reset and then enter all of your LIVE details and see whay happens.

TT are having major problems with the servers again - all my LIVE services are working today except Cameras - got the dreaded red screen saying I needed a subscription, even though Traffic was updating.

If you need links to direct downloads for Navcores let me know the model etc and I will provide.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,

I've tried copying over the maps to the HDD then formated the device. extracted a clean Navcore, this one , then copied the maps back over.

Hard reset, Factory reset. No joy. Traffic "Updates" within about a 15 sec after entering my details and still displays nothing and shows as Traffic info up-to-date, blue circle etc. All other Live services are still working.

I've only really had the chance to allow the device to remain 'connected'/recieving for 10/15min however the device is connected during this time. Surely this is enough time to recieve and display traffic info?

Is there anything in the map folder I can investagate?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are several clutching at straws things you could try, again always make sure you have backup copies of the files before editing or deleting them.

You could try and delete mapsettings.cfg which stores all your settings. This will automatically be re-created, but I would have thought your reset would have done this.

There are some map correction files, MapServerPatch.dat, Patchfilter.dat, ServerLineIndex.dat and ServerNameIndex.dat that you could try and remove.

Try and remove your POI files. usually, filename.OV2 and the TT POIs such as safety cameras also have DCT and VER files associated.

Look in the file "pluserror.txt", you might be able to work out what the recorded Live faults are.

If you have downloaded/updated a map from TomTom and still have it, you could delete everything in the map folder and re-install it.

You may well have done this, but check under "My Services" the expiry date for the HD Traffic.

Go into settings and "MyTomTom account" and re-enter your username and password.

I have found places where TTLive Services just do not work properly, try and use it somewhere away from home if you have not done already.

Then of course there is the possibility that your account on the TTServers is not properly configured and that would take some head bashing to sort out.

Like you think, it does seem a software problem to me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: