Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why doesnt my ipaq 1940 want to work with tomtom 2!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why doesnt my ipaq 1940 want to work with tomtom 2!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbarrett5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Why doesnt my ipaq 1940 want to work with tomtom 2!!!! Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to GPS on PDA's.. well, I have an ipaq 1940 and I have been given tomtom 2 navigator software by a friend who has bought tomtom 3 ... Anyway, I havent yet bought the Bluetooth GPS reciever for the PDA, but i loaded the software on and it seems to run intolerably slow. I heard about the problem with the SD cards from china, so I loaded a 16mb map into main memory, hoping this would rectify any problems. However, the software sill persists in running slow, and usually locks up the ipaq so I have to so a soft reset! :x

I know that I have no viruses on the PDA as I only recently did a hard-reset. So, my question, is my PDA just too slow to run tomtom2? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rbarrett5 Smile

oh.. The versions of software im running are:

Tomtom navigater v2.02 with v 2.24 update
GPS 2.08
Checkpoint
GB, europe maps...

Thanks ... Smile
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt my ipaq 1940 want to work with tomtom 2!!!! Reply with quote

rbarrett5 wrote:
I have been given tomtom 2 navigator software by a friend who has bought tomtom 3

Hmmm....

Anyhow, try using a task manager like Wisbar to see if there are other programs running in the background - they may eat into the available RAM.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
rbarrett5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt my ipaq 1940 want to work with tomtom 2!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks, but I havent got anything unnecessary software running in the background... Do you think it could be because it is not 'connected' to a gps reviever? Also, why the 'Hmmm...' ???

Cheers

Rbarrett5
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "hmm" - if your friend bought an upgrade to TomTom3 then your version of TomTom 2 is not legal. Of course he could have bought the full version of TTN3 in which case my comment would be inappropriate.

Try unchecking the checkbox in the TomTom GPS to stop it from looking for the GPS receiver. That may help.

Do you also experience map display issues?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
rbarrett5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right yeah, no I'm pretty sure his tt3 is a full version, because he bought it all as a package with a new bluetooth GPS reciever (he didnt want any wires running about in the car any more), but because my Ipaq does not support the wired recievers, I too have to buy a bluetooth reciever.. hence not having one... As for the unchecking of the box, I've left my ipaq at home today, so i'll have to check it out when I get home (I'm at work now). As for the maps, I tried getting in to 'Navigator' view to see the map, but it wasnt having any of it.

Just a question, have you heard of anyone using the tomtom2 and ipaq 1940 combination successfully?

Thanks for your help,

RBarrett5

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: