Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN3, wired GPS and 2210 - Are there any problems?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN3, wired GPS and 2210 - Are there any problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cepheus1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: TTN3, wired GPS and 2210 - Are there any problems? Reply with quote

Hi!

I've been sitting on my upgrade because of all the problems people are reporting when using it with a 2210.

However, I am not using a bluetooth receiver so am I ok to load the software? Do I use 3.01 or 3.02?

Are all these problems purely associated with bluetooth and the 2210?

Thanks for your time in reading and thanks in anticipation of your assistance Thumbs Up
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2210 rom 1.10 and both wired and cf gps.
Never had any problems whatsoever.

It is only bluetooth GPS devices that have problems.
This is reason I decided to steer well clear of any Bluetooth GPS device.
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cepheus1 - as technik righly says this is a bluetooth problem you refer to with the 2210.
There are two main issues currently being talked about on this forum. The bluetooth/2210 connection/drop-out problem and the TTN3 address look-up/map errors problem. If you have a wired 2210 you can safely install TTN3. I installed TTN3 straight from the CD only (didn't bother downloading the updated GPS driver from TT's site as didn't see the point as it was addressing a bluetooth issue) and experienced no problems whatsoever regarding GPS. I reverted back to TTN2 simply because I found the address look-up problem too much to bear!! You (as indeed others have) may take a different view on this, especially if you are using postcodes frequently with Neils's p/code application, in which case the diabolical problems encountered re address look-up aren't so critical as the p/code application works a treat with TTN3 as it does with TTN2. I, personally, am sticking with TTN2 until TomTom resolve this address problem, but judging from DavidW,s latest post on this issue I am not very confident of an early resolution!
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with my setup works a treat,i even get 4-6 sats on reception when my car is in the garage,i dont know if is the norm but thats how it is,i had a bluetooth system several months ago and had no joy with it at all,so reverted back to wired system Thumbs Up

trevor
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
cepheus1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Sounds like the only thing for it is to give it a whirl now for myself and see what I think about it then Rolling Eyes

Wish me luck!

I pretty much use Postcodes for all my addresses so here's hoping that I find it a little more useful.

Just out of interest can I do an install over the top of my current TTN2 or do I have to uninstall all the old "stuff" first?

Also, if I do not like TTN3 is it still possible to roll back to TTN2?

Thanks again 8)
tom9851
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are using postcodes mostly then you will probably like TTN3 fine. Suck it and see! Just load TTN3 straight over TTN2 - just follow the loading instructions on the CD - dead easy! If you decide you want to revert back to TTN2 just delete all TTN3 from both your PDA and card and reinstall it - again no problems at all - I did it without any difficulty. Whether you can reinstall TTN2 over TTN3 I don't know - I wasn't sure so I just deleted everything - doesn't really take very long.

Good luck

Tom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: