Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: tomtom problems Reply with quote

After months of deliberation I have finally purchased my first GPS package(and last if this experience is anything to go by).

I chose the tomtom bluetooth gps system looked good and had pretty good reviews, however since installing the software and hardware i have encounter nothing but problems starting with the bluetooth console opening up and overriding everything i try to do with the IPAQ5450 even if i switch the bluetooth off the program switches it back on in search of a device!?

Under the direction of tomtom technical support i have upgraded from ver 2.08 to 2.09 however im still experiencing the same problems plus an error warning headed BTtrayCE no bluetooth serial could be found for the device tomtom wireless gps.

Again under tomtom direction i have reinstalled the software several times now including soft restarts, as you can imagine Im starting to get a little off with the whole thing, the next logical thing to open this problem up to the good people of pocketgps for some help, failing this Dixons can have the thing back and I’ll spend the £350 down the Pub!

Please help, a very disappointed

Fletch Thumbs Up
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an opening gambit, does following the instructions in this thread (click the words this thread in the smaller type) help any? Start at the fourth post on page 1 - the second from Lutz.

David
johnnyxx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know how u feel i bought tomtom 2 bluetooth to use with my compaq 3970 and i am having probs as well i just done a hard reset on my pda, im starting to think its my sd card. so if all goes bad tonight i will be doing my rounds tomorrow first boots with the sd card, then staples with the compaq 3970, then off to pc world with the tomtom 2 bluetooth lmao.
just a word of advice if u do take it back u cant say u dont like it you gonna have to tell them its a faulty one, then if that fails just strangle the lil dude behind the counter ;o)
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think i'll need the "i don't like it line" i have enough evidence from this web site alone to prove that there is a problem with the tom tom software!!

David,thanks for you info im looking in to that thread as what apears to be my last line of attack!!

anymore ideas would be greatfully received.

Cheers
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fletch,

Your problems dont seem to be related to the TomTom software per se, but with a connectivity issue between the GPS and the PDA.

Have you managed to pair the GPS to the PDA? This is the first stage of the process.

If so, does the GPS utility provided with TomTom let you connect properly?

Basically what is happening is a "feature" of WM2003 when you try to open a BT Serial port the BT Manager is activated. If a connection cannot be made then the BT manager will prompt you to connect to another device.

Using the hacks David has indicated will only work if the system can connect properly. It sounds to me like yours doesnt.
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thanks for your reply in answer to your question yes i have successfully paired the two devices and they work perfectly together the problem starts when im out of range with the GPS or the gps is switched off and i try to open the navigator for what ever purpose the Ipaq keeps on trying to find the the bluetooth connection and it doesn't matter how many times i try to cancel the pop up it continues to come up which forces me to soft reset.

further to me starting this thread im been told by tom tom that its not there software that is causing this problem but the Ipaq blue tooth "stack" the following email reads:

Dear Mr Fletcher,

Please be advised that this annoying Bluetooth pop-up is not being caused by our software, It is an issue from within the Bluetooth stack
HP are well aware of the issue. Tomtom s latest version of the GPs was intended to overcome an HP problem.

Please ensure that the 2.09 is correctly installed, please see the following

I Would suggest that you download and install the latest GPS (2.09).

www.tomtom.com Support/FAQs 'Which version is the latest GPS version ?"

Perform a soft reset of the PDA.Go to Start/Settings REMOVE PROGRAMS and REMOVE the/all TOMTOM GPS's
then make another soft reset and install the unzipped 2.09 Run a set-up from the newly installed
wizard or from the step by step instructions from the same website.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Are they passing the buck or does my issue lie with HP??
dmac
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they passing the buck or does my issue lie with HP??[/quote]

And yet in their response dated 30/12/3003 to my question regarding
being unable to use their GPS driver with "other" gps software their
response was:

"My technical supervisor has forwarded this question to our Product
Management as of this moment there is no solution"

Make of that what you will....

Cheers
Redwatch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Rikaline 6031-X7 Reply with quote

My system has been working great for the last week and I have been happy with it (iPAQ h4150,TTN3 and Rikaline 6031-X7) but today it will not talk to the Rikaline. the following message keeps comming up. BTTrayCE No Bluetooth serial ports could be found for device Rikaline. Is this the same proble you are talking about? Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: