Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera submission
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera submission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
safc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera submission Reply with quote

I submitted 5 new Spec's speed camera's about 3 weeks ago and have a couple of questions and wondered if anyone could help me with the answers.

1. The camera's spotted are Specs, are these included in the free lifetime subscription offer ?

2. My membership expires in 3 days, as i submitted the camera's while still subscribed will i still get my free membership if i don't renew and the camera's are subsequently verified ? (i can see via the map that i was the first to submit)

3. 3 weeks is a long time for the database users to be without important information, is there no quicker way to verify these camera's, as the camera's i have submitted are in roadworks on a motorway i feel that it's important to get them uploaded ASAP so members get the benefit soonest.

Thanks for anticipated replies.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the third point, it all depends on where you submitted them and if/ when a verifier is around to check them. I am based in Newcastle and cover the NE of England. As we do not get paid for verifying, it is done as we travel around the UK.

DennisN has a good write up of a day in the life of a verifier here.

iPhone 12
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera submission Reply with quote

safc wrote:
I submitted 5 new Spec's speed camera's about 3 weeks ago and have a couple of questions and wondered if anyone could help me with the answers.

1. The camera's spotted are Specs, are these included in the free lifetime subscription offer ?

2. My membership expires in 3 days, as i submitted the camera's while still subscribed will i still get my free membership if i don't renew and the camera's are subsequently verified ? (i can see via the map that i was the first to submit)

3. 3 weeks is a long time for the database users to be without important information, is there no quicker way to verify these camera's, as the camera's i have submitted are in roadworks on a motorway i feel that it's important to get them uploaded ASAP so members get the benefit soonest.

Thanks for anticipated replies.

Do you see the cameras that you have submitted on the submission map
( they would have a coloured square around them with cross hairs)as this would be a good indicator as to if you were the first person submitting these cameras at the correct location .
Specs are included in the lifetime membership offer providing they have been placed correctly on the map
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera submission Reply with quote

safc wrote:

Yes
Quote:

Yes, so long as you were a subscriber when you submitted them. You cannot tell that you were the first to report by looking at the submission map though?
Quote:

Of course speed is of the utmost importance but verification depends on many factors. Normally SPECS would be added as provisional unverified 'pSPECS' so that members would have the info prior to verification.
safc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the square crosshair icons on the map, does this not indicate that i was first ???

Also is there a tolerance on camera position, i was doing 50 MPH when i passed the camera's so getting inch perfect positions is virtually impossible.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to my original post, where are the cameras located? co ordinates?

iPhone 12
safc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the M18 between the M62 and the M180, both directions, it's a contra flow that's been present for at least 4 weeks.

Any answer on the tolerance question ???
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

safc wrote:
Any answer on the tolerance question ???

Yes, we appreciate absolute accuracy is impossible so we do allow for some degree of error.
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Speed Camera submission Reply with quote

Darren I always thought that if you were the first to submit a camera in most cases it would be shown on the goggle submission map as a coloured box with cross hairs on it ?? That is what has happened to me in the past when I have submitted a qualifying camera !!this box is only visible to is the original first poster .

I must have got it wrong again ???
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know that shows 'your' submissions but that is no guarantee that it was the first. Submissions can also be made by email which whilst processed later may by virtue of their received date be earlier than yours.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in GENERAL it means it was the first. however, it doesn't mean it is the most accurate, nor does it guarantee a lifetime subscription (although there is a higher chance).

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame, I was on the M18 on 28th October, but sadly didn't get that far as I turned north up the A1(M).

Just for information, I checked fifteen specs submissions today on the M5 near junction 3. Seven were OK and accepted, eight were wrong and were rejected. Somebody (or maybe eight somebodies) saw crosshairs and came to the same conclusion as you, but will be disappointed. I had a similar situation not long ago with 15 or so on the M5 near Bristol.

It's a sort of answer to the tolerance question - MaFt really has not a lot of choice what to admit for verification - that's where we come in and say that of the 15, only 7 are correct - the moving button bashing problem. It is soooo much easier for me to agree that a camera is or is not in the right position than for me to place it as a first time hit - I have them on my satnav just like all the other cameras, different icons and warnings, with the usual countdown distances. I can easily note for it to be brought forward or moved back 100 yards. But when there are three or four hits for the same single camera, somebody's gotta be "wrong". Crying or Very sad

I submitted four Specs myself on the M6 today too, but was unsure of the locations, so I later pulled into a layby and converted my coordinates into POIs for me to check on the way back - then, sod's law, came home by a different route, so I was unable to check them.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
safc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, i'm a little clearer now, i'll just have to wait and see i guess, hopefully while verification is pending others will be careful on the M18 in Yorkshire, i'd hate to see anyone get a ticket !!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: