Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Port 7 on 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Port 7 on 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HungryHaggis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Port 7 on 2210 Reply with quote

I just bought an iPaq 2210 and the Sysonchip CF Plus card after hearing great reviews about both. I had a few “quirks” setting up the card but can’t quite understand the following problem :-

When I first insert the Sysonchip into the CF slot I can use "port 7" on the port settings in the Sysonchip viewer tool. However, the GPS tool won't allow me to select the "sysonchip CF_GPS_Receiver" (ie won't allow a tick in the box when I select the sysonchip). Any ideas ?.
After I “reset” the 2210 the Sysonchip won’t work on port 7, only port 1 ?. This in itself isn’t a problem, but when I then go to the GPS tool and select “Sysonchip” in the drop-down list of inputs it tells me that Port 1 isn’t a real port ?. Does anyone know why it reverts to port 1, and is there any way to force it to port 7 ?.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What GPS tool are you talking about ? The one that came with the card? Have you tried running a standard navigation program, and selected COM7 (or COM1) there?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Bharat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the GPS Viewer that came with the SysOnChip card to be very poor and misleading. I think you would be better off downloading one of the recommend utilities from this website and using those instead.

Bharat
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have other software or perhaps drivers installed that are creating a conflict. Sometimes the only way is to uninstall these or even perform a hard reset and make sure the card is working with your TomTom Navigator and then slowly add the software back on until something breaks again. THat way by process of elimination you can find out what's causing the problem.

iPAQ 2210's CF slot for GPS is COM7, so if for some strange reason you are then getting COM1 to be used after a soft reset, then something is drastically wrong there and some driver is taking control of COM7.
rtjwilliams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get this one sorted. I have just upgrated to TOMTOM 3 and have the same problem, i have tied re installing v 2 with no result, tried hard reboot, soft reboot and still (using lead navigator software) tells me that the CF card is on COM1
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to uninstall TomTom ~ GPS. This can cause problems not only with other applications seeing a Bluetooth GPS by re-mapping the ports, but also with CF cards.

Basically this was put in as a fudge driver and it re-maps ports to not allow other applications to talk direct, so TomTom is probably re-mapping it so the only port you can talk to the CF card on is COM1. Very annoying! Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: