Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 new users first impressions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 new users first impressions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: TT3 new users first impressions Reply with quote

Hi,
Have got TT3 installed after binning my Pocket Co-Pilot 4 (iNS3.5) and have done my first small journey in it.

I'm using a HP5510 updated to the latest version of the Roms. With a Pocket CoPilot GPS Jacket which contains a 128mb 12xCF memory card.

After installing the software and working out how to get the jacket working, i must say i'm impressed. It's slightly more complicated than i'm used to to set up a route but once I got used to it I can see it's much more flexible than PC4. The 3d version of the map, i find much nicer than the top down view. I've not hit the problem with loads of streets appearing with the same name, (I did when using postcodes but i just re-typed the postcode after the street name and found the one i wanted very quickly. I do miss the speaking of the street names that PC4 had but with the other adventages of TT3 i can live without it.

Tomorrow comes the big test of the Traffic trying to get from Hemel to Bournemouth in bank holiday traffic. See how that fares. (Using Orange GPRS with a sony erricson T610.

Jas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jasuk70
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it out in the Bankholiday traffic, firstly I've very impressed in the software in general. Seems to work great, especially like the way it tried to get you in lane for your next course change. I now come to the problems.

I have an iPAQ 5550 with the Pocket CoPilot GPS Jacket, + 128mb CF

1) Stability, I do have traffic installed and I've heard other people with stability problems using this. But with traffic running or not three times during a 110 mile journey it crashed to the desktop. Which wasnt too much of a problem as it was a quick tap on the screen and off it goes again. (I also notice that the GPS process dies as well and am wondering if this is what is knocking out the main program).

2) Traffic, I too am suffering the "unable to connect" messages and I got my passenger to try the internet using IE and it seemed to work fine. Secondly it didnt know about the 18mile of tailbacks on the M25 hence got stuck in it. Thirdly, I had auto divert ticked and it didn't divert when it did come accross a major hold up, it was happy to let me sit in the traffic. As traffic is new, I'm hoping that there will be work done on sorting out the problems before the 3 months is up.

Generally I'm glad I switched from CP4 to TTN3.

Jas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: