Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA2 New User Help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA2 New User Help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin_Hood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: XDA2 New User Help please Reply with quote

Just bought Tomtom 3 and packaged bluetooth 9821x GPS receiver. Can anyone help me with the following please?

1. Is the GPS SiRF?
2. Are there any 3rd party apps for walking and plotting? I know I can use the record button but I understand software like Memory Map is better for this?
3. If I use such as Memory Map how do I free up the bluetooth port in PPC2003 please?
4. Are there any walks to download in Tomtom format?

Thanks

Nick
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It has a SiRF chipset but will be configured for NMEA use.
2. Memory-Map is better if you want topographical style maps or Ordnance Survey style maps and don't need to plot a route from A to B. If you do need to plot a route, then street routing applications will be better.
3. The Bluetooth port will be free'd up. The only issue where the BT port is not available is when you install TomTom Navigator and uninstalling TomTom~GPS and soft resetting will resolve this.
4. No. There are some POI's on the POI page which show a POI marking to create a trail but there are no proper walk applets.
Robin_Hood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I tried unistalling the GPS Tomtom driver and did the soft reset. The result was I couldnt access tomtom or any other application needing the GPS. I tried installing the older ver of tomtom BT drivers but that didn't work either..........
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have done it youll need to get xda2 update from tje o2 websie it takes around 30 minutes to install as it updates the bluetooth firmware before doing this make sure you do a fullbackup so you can reinstall it
install tomtom 3 from the disc it should work ok out of the box without unistalling anything i havent tryed the update im runnig gps 2.09 on my xda2 if you have the tomtom bt receiver turn it on and kill the battery totally ie kill it friday night then chrage it sunday night and itn should work
when i put the new rom on my xda2 i had to use ttcode but that moght because ive installed it on ipaq2210 as well hope this helps

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i for got to say when bonding to the gps when it asks you if you wish create a serial port for the device select no Thumbs Up

device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the update last to 3.01 nav and gps ran it for 10 hrs and it didnt freeze one on my xda 2 going to try the itinery out to night running down to swindon

device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: