Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT mobile phone recommendations for GO730?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT mobile phone recommendations for GO730?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: BT mobile phone recommendations for GO730? Reply with quote

Hi Everybody.

Yesterday I dropped my mobile phone and the screen is beginning to fade away to nothing. I have never owned a BlueTooth phone before and I am keen to exploit the BT capabilities on my GO730 to the full. Is anybody able to recommend a reasonably priced mobile phone that works as it should with NavCore 8.351? I say "reasonably priced" not only because I'm tight but also because my TT GO730 is already worth considerably more than my 1984 Renault 11 whose locks don't work - so it's just a matter of time before it gets stolen!

I appreciate that TomTom have a compatibility chart to help me make my decision but, following the latest NavCore update, I am not convinced that it has been updated - indeed, some members have stated that TT intend to remove some phones from the chart due to incompatiblity issues.

A personal recommendation based on first hand knowledge would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, AliOnHols.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony Ericson seem to tbe the best brand.

Personally, don't bother as you will only be disappointed with the hands free capabilities.

If you are serious about needing hands free capabilities then go for an iOPlay car kit instead - the TT is absolute rubbish in comparison.

You could say my view is tainted by personal experience though......
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Sony Ericson seem to tbe the best brand.

Personally, don't bother as you will only be disappointed with the hands free capabilities.

If you are serious about needing hands free capabilities then go for an iOPlay car kit instead - the TT is absolute rubbish in comparison.

You could say my view is tainted by personal experience though......

Many Thanks AndyVaughan, If my car was worth it I would certainly consider the iOPlay car kit, but the car is too old to warrant such an investment.

It's your personal experience I appreciate. As I need to buy a new mobile, I may as well buy one which works(ish) the best(ish). I shall investigate Sony Ericsson.

Does anybody else have an opinion/suggestion?

Regards, AliOnHols
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: