Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 775T v TT 940 Live Help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 775T v TT 940 Live Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vegasbabe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Garmin 775T v TT 940 Live Help Reply with quote

I’ve opted for this model for the reasons below which are highly important:

1. It seems that from the posts I’ve read, the TT is highly prone to freezing and breaking down which was my number one reason for going for the Garmin. I know that Garmins also have their faults, but I have seem to have read about more problems with TT than with Garmin.
2. I am using a friends TT at present, and whenever I switch it on, it takes a couple of minutes (sometimes as much as 15) to pick up a satellite signal.
3. US maps are included which is invaluable because I travel to the states a lot
4. Lane assistance
5. Being able to find my vehicle in huge car parks
6. 3D buildings.

I do however have a gripe about Garmin, and that is that they apparently charge an absolute fortune for their maps once the free download has come to an end (how long is that by the way?). TT have some sort of mapshare feature. How does this work, and do you have to pay extra when using this facility? How much are Garmin maps versus TTs?

This model isn’t cheap (neither is the TT940T for that matter), and so I’m surprised to find out that to have things such as different voice options (American etc) and different vehicle options are extra, is that true? These come as standard on TTs.

What I do like the about the TT940T is that it tells you your nearest and cheapest petrol station but the Garmin only tells you where the nearest one is. Are their any other features on this model that I should consider?

A couple of questions for anyone that owns the 775T:

1 POI Are these displayed on screen with the street map whilst your traveling?
2 Can you view your planned route in anything other than in realtime?

I went onto the Garmin website to view their latest model, the 1370T and it doesn’t have half the features the 775T does.

It seems that there are cheaper and better out there, can anyone advise?

A lot of questions I know but I would really appreciate any answers you could give.

Thanks in advance for all your responses.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where you read that TT's are prone to freezing and breaking down. Just not true.

Don't deny there are issues with TT. There are with all brands. TT has never had an incident like the recent mass bricking of Garmin 765T's.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: