Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 920 map problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 920 map problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: TomTom 920 map problem Reply with quote

I am a new user of sat nav as I have received a new 920 as a present. First thing I have done is downloaded free guaranteed latest map for w & c europe (did not do North America at this stage) - seemed to go OK once I removed some voice files to create additional space for larger map file. TomTom Home shows that the new map is on the device.
When trying to use device however it only shows North America in the list of maps and no europe. I did this on Friday pm and sent message to TomTom support but this may take a while to get reply.
Looked at this forum for first time and I am pretty worried about this device looking at all the posts about issues especially as I am a bit of a technophobe and do not fully understand much of what is going on.
Is there likely to be a simple answer to the map problem. I do not think that I have sufficient confidence/ability to be constantly dealing with technical issues and am thinking it may be better to just return the TomTom to the shop for a refund.
Frank
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, on forums such as this, you only really get to see the people with problems. There will be thousands of happy customers with no troubles at all.

The first thing you should try is a reset, using a paper clip in the tiny hole on the base of the unit.
pfr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy
I have reset it several times but no effect. Still no maps of europe. I will try to speak to TomTom tomorrow. I am retired and am off touring with my caravan to Germany, France and Belgium for several weeks very soon so I need to sort this.
I appreciate that many 920 users will be very happy and trouble free but my confidence in this device is not very high. I have not been able to use it from new following the basic download of the latest map guarantee. I am not sure I could trust any future downloads to be trouble free and I really am a novice in such things which is my greatest worry.
Lets see how it goes.
Frank

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: