Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New sd card+new map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New sd card+new map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: New sd card+new map Reply with quote

Excuse me if this a repeat. I have just had a new 8GB peak card delivered.
Do I need to install a copy of my 825 map on it to download the new map?
Also when I open the WE map folder most of the folders are white. Is this a problem. I have just had to reinstall Vista and before Tyre folders were showing on my POI's now they are not. Also Tyre was showing on TT Home, now it's not. Thank you.
chelsky
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New sd card+new map Reply with quote

chelsky wrote:
Excuse me if this a repeat. I have just had a new 8GB peak card delivered.
Do I need to install a copy of my 825 map on it to download the new map?

You don't need to put the old map onto the card to upgrade.
If you have a ONE or an old Go x00 or x10 and you want to use a card, you need to put EVERYTHING onto the card so it makes sense to put the old map onto it to check it all works before you do any upgrade.
If you have a Go x20/x30 or x40 model, you can just put the new map onto the card.
Quote:
Also when I open the WE map folder most of the folders are white. Is this a problem.

Are you confusing FILES and FOLDERS? Normally there are no folders inside the Western_Europe folder, only lots of files. The colour of the icon is pretty meaningless, but if you could post up a picture of what they look like it would be easier to work out what you're seeing.

Quote:
I have just had to reinstall Vista and before Tyre folders were showing on my POI's now they are not. Also Tyre was showing on TT Home, now it's not.

Do you mean that your POI files were showing an ICON for Tyre?
If so, then all you need to do is "re-associate" the POI's file type (.ov2) with the program Tyre. There are many ways to do this in Windows and I don't have Vista, so I can't point you to the exact place, but you can probably do it by right-clicking on one of the POI files and selecting "Open with...". Select Tyre from the list and there should be a box to tick that says something like "always use this program to open these files"

Another way, which will probably get Tyre showing in Home again as well, is simply to uninstall Tyre and then re-install it again
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all that Andy. I Don't know how to post pictures I am afraid. Everything is working ok so it must be right.
chelsky
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If installing the new version of Tyre has still not re-linked your POI files to Tyre, I just noticed you can do it in the options menu:

Boxes 3 and 4 need to be ticked if you want Tyre to open these file types.
chelsky
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now Andy since downloading 5.4 Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: